It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 am 

In case you missed it:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... corruption

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:28 pm 

Nice for GO to post this--I believe that these schools are but the tip of things to come---I really hope that the VALLEY schools are clean !! ALL of them. In my day it was point shaving--see LUC /Kentucky--We of course were innocent--KY was NOT. Now this !! Notice these schools are ALL State supported ..

Sorry to say Politics wiill bale them out I presume--Maybe not !!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:38 pm 

Will be interesting to see if people start flipping and if so how many schools, and how high up, the investigation ends up aimed at

I see one of the assistants indicted was at Oklahoma State, which is where Illinois' new coach came from.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:48 am 

This is long overdue and will end up being a massive story for the upcoming season. A few predictions:

1. Minimum Pitino is done, possibly L'ville hoops 'death penalty'
2. Bruce Pearl is done
3. One and done will become a thing of the past. Either straight to pros or 3 years in college.
4. Dozens of coaching staffs, NBA agents, AAU coaches and probably even some NCAA officials are toast.
5. Calipari skates

I read many people say "every college coach is nervous right now". Strongly disagree with that and trust that Porter slept like a baby last night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 am 

08rambler wrote:
This is long overdue and will end up being a massive story for the upcoming season. A few predictions:

1. Minimum Pitino is done, possibly L'ville hoops 'death penalty'
2. Bruce Pearl is done
3. One and done will become a thing of the past. Either straight to pros or 3 years in college.
4. Dozens of coaching staffs, NBA agents, AAU coaches and probably even some NCAA officials are toast.
5. Calipari skates

I read many people say "every college coach is nervous right now". Strongly disagree with that and trust that Porter slept like a baby last night.

Agree with 1-5, but I think Porter might drink too much coffee to sleep like a baby :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:24 am 

I have been hoping for something like 3, for years.This would level the playing court somewhat. As far as Bruce Pearl goes, he is a teflon coated scum bag and will probably resurface at a college somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:02 am 

This is what happens when there are teams that spend upwards of $10 million per year on their men's basketball program. With all the money and marketing that goes into the top programs, it's not a surprise that this kind of thing happens. I think Louisville's budget is somewhere in the low $20 million range. In terms of revenue, many teams are pulling in over $30 million.
That's wandering near the revenue territory of some smaller market NBA teams, who play twice as many games.

While looking up some of the numbers, I was surprised to learn that locally televised Milwaukee Bucks games only draw an average audience of 19000.... For comparison, the Loyola-Boise State championship game from that Vegas Tournament in 2014-15 had 49,000 people watching on FS1, and our Sunday home game that season against Wichita State had 94k on ESPNU.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:54 pm 

Porter might be sleeping like a baby but Sister Jean is probably sweating holy water right now.

My sources tell me Sister Jean was paid over 200k by Nike for the rights to her SISTER JEAN line of orthopedic athletic sneakers. (Slogan: "Get in the habit/Run like a nun!")

She, in turn, used some of the money to buy Jerell Parker a 14K gold lame' zoot suit to entice him to sign with the Ramblers.
There are pictures to prove all this, but I'll let ahunte post them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:38 pm 

Did you ever notice that year after year it is mostly the SAME schools and or coaches who are the baddies ???? over and over again --Louisville So Cal--et al --Patino Pearl --Might want Baylor the Floridas and perhaps Calipari plus a slew of other Coaches and schools listed---This could be the start of a lot more to come.

Keep digging guys !! Great job all !!

GO CUBS !!! OOOOPS !! I mean RAMBLERS !!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:41 pm 

From The Onion-- Will Louisville Be Able To Recruit Elite Prostitutes Without Pitino?

http://www.theonion.com/video/will-loui ... tes--57079