It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:35 pm 

So you can get season tickets for 100 bucks and they are holding an open practice on the 14th....It seems that they are doing everything possible to get people in the stands....think it is up to us now to get there

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:43 pm 

We have GOT to average more than 2500 at home this year, and AT LEAST 2800 for conference games. We can't get blown out of our own arena by visitors like last year against Illinois State around New Year's.

There are all kinds of deals. Sitting up front at center court for half the games is only $161 per seat. Sitting further back or to the side for half the games is only $126. That is crazy-cheap for the MVC and the quality of college basketball we're going to see this year.

I'm going to make at least seven home games this year, and it's a 290-mile round trip for me. I'm also targeting four road games.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:08 pm 

What did we average last year?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:23 am 

Robbie Aces wrote:
What did we average last year?

We averaged 1862 overall, and 2162 in conference. But our largest crowd of the year was against Wichita State.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:01 am 

JCT I love the idea of having crowds that size... And I totally agree that we NEED that. I just don't know how that is possible? We should court a successful and entertaining team...but our schedule is just not very exciting. In order to average 2500, we would have to have 2 or 3 games that we hit 4K+ in order make for a few of those holiday games or the early games against some really week competition. Which games are we going to draw that? iSUr maybe... But 50% of the crowd will be red instead of Maroon. I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today....I just don't see what has changed that would make attendance go up by 20%. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:25 am 

LU inflates attendance btw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:42 am 

Noooooo!!!!! They wouldn't do something like that would they?

I personally think the ONLY way those kind of numbers happen is if the changes they've made with the the student body makes a MAJOR difference to the students. There's just no way that you're going to get an extra 500-1000 people from the general public to come to each game.

Hey Loyola... PROVE ME WRONG... PLEASE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:21 pm 

Some of the major things to increase crowd size has already been done, I think-- lower prices to a reasonable level, get a better product on the floor, and improve social media. The schedule could be improved a bit (especially if opponents fulfill their end of the bargain), and I think there might be some more possibilities with outside advertising. I also think we haven't established a rivalry in the league, which would make the season more meaningful to more people.

One would hope that getting off to a good start this year (like 11-2 going into the first home conference game on Dec. 30?) would go a long way toward bringing back some of the fans that got out of the habit of following the team over the past 10 years. We'll probably be picked in the top three in the pre-season poll. If we could win the Savannah tournament and/or get an upset on the road against Florida or Boise State, that might get the ball rolling, too.