It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:18 pm 

Outstanding bounce-back game! The ball movement was just unreal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:52 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Diehard Rambler fans can make it a double header by heading south after the game to the UIC Pavillion to see Isaiah Bujdoso and Sunrise Christian play Franklin Agunanne and La Lumiere at 6:00.

I have a prior engagement, but I think Ramblermania's resident Recruiting Expert Blers is honor-bound to go and give us a first-hand scouting report of our two prized recruits.

I HAD NO IDEA THE GAME WAS MOVED!!! Darn it!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:24 pm 

I'll defer to the better basketball minds for analysis...but man was that fun. All around dominance. Great to see Avery get his first action--I think he showed some flashes and after he gets back in the flow of things, could be a 12-15 ppg type of player.

Last edited by goramblers2011 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:58 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
I'll defer to the better basketball games for analysis...but man was that fun. All around dominance. Great to see Avery get his first action--I think he showed some flashes and after he gets back in the flow of things, could be a 12-15 ppg type of player.

He will definitely get the shots for that!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:45 pm 

Very excited about Avery. Limited minutes but saw enough to know that he will score. Kid is quick and has serious hops. Saw some great instincts in finding the ball.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 pm 

The biggest thing with Avery that I noted was how he hits the boards on both offense and defense. There were times he would just appear. Him and Negron are really gonna help in that regard. Obviously Avery’s ahead of Negron offensively but how bout that tip dunk?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:14 pm 

Exactly. He is going to get us some extra chances- offensive boards and loose balls.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:27 pm 

Just looked at the box score from today's game-- 29 assists? That's crazy--- Krutwig had 7, Custer had 6, Ingram and Townes had 5 each. That's 29 assists on 34 made baskets.... unreal.

And here's two other stats I like-- 11 Loyola players scored, and attendance was over 3000.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:17 am 

What an exciting game!!!

I wanted to point out again what a great turnout from the students! I know the school bought tshirts...pizza...chipotle...to get the students to show up which I'm sure was a pretty large investment... but isn't it worth it? I sure hope they poney up the dough to do that several more times this season.

Go Ramblers!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am 

This was exactly what we needed after the Boise game. Great bounceback game, and I liked the turnout. Hopefully, we can get to the point where the students don't need free food/shirts to come out to a game.

Still wish Porter would distribute the minutes a little more evenly. Ingram had 29 and Custer had 30. The team seems to suffer when Clayton and Ben are both out. That might be part of the reason Clayton has played a lot of minutes especially with Ben out. Still would've liked to see Satterwhite a little more. If I had to guess, it might be his defense that's keeping him out of the lineup for now. I understand that Negron and Avery are probably not in the best shape so I'm okay easing them in. Hopefully we're fully healthy in a couple of weeks for conference, and can manage minutes better when that starts up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next