It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:07 pm 

I'm so bleeping proud of this team right now. What a great statement win. We should do this more often.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 pm 

Trying to find my breath....

Jackson will rightfully get the headlines, but the Camerons were huge in this game. Krutwig passing, rebounding, and defense inside was amazing...Satterwhite stepping up in the 2nd half, especially those huge FTs at the end!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 pm 

Great win! Maybe now we can upgrade the non-con schedule to play at least two of these Power 5 games per season. Also play some high mid majors. Loyola should get "others receiving votes" in the polls next week. Can the Ramblers get in at #25?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:13 pm 

Our all-time record against the university will now always be 1-0 (unless we meet them in a tournament). They’ll never play us again willingly.

Also - scheduling anyone next year will be damn near impossible for Porter. Nobody is gonna want to come anywhere near us.

Porter - just did something nobody has done for the ramblers in 33 years - beat a top 5 team! Double edged sword now because we are sitting at 9-1 with a top 5 road win (without Custer or Richardson), and a ton of momentum coming into conference play. I think a 22+ win season and a possible NCAA Birth might make him a candidate when the coaching carousel begins at the end of the season. If everything keeps going the way it has and we are successful, I hope he sticks around.

Loyola students and faculty need to pack Gentile next game! This needs to be the signature win that finally changes the culture officially!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:18 pm 

ramblermgr9599 wrote:
Great win! Maybe now we can upgrade the non-con schedule to play at least two of these Power 5 games per season. Also play some high mid majors.

I think teams will be a little more hesitant to put us on the schedule, but I don't see why we can't schedule more guarantee games. You miss 100% of the shots you never take, and tonight would have been a lot less fun if we passed this up and played IU Northwest in front of 100 people in Gentile. If I were the head coach after tonight, I'd probably dangerously overdo guarantee games for next year though...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 pm 

The upside of this is now we will be perceived as one of the best teams in the MVC, which means we'll probably be able to get some good MTEs. If we get a good MTE at a neutral site, the MVC-MWC game, and take some paydays at winnable P5 schools, that should be a good schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 pm 

Not to be blunt, but who gives a crap about next year's schedule? This is awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 pm 

Finest win for LUC in years !! If Pollsters are fair we will rise beg time. This team has PROVEN that depth WINS !! Practically everything worked--Gators did NOT get sixty points.
J had a hunch but truly felt that there was too much against us going in---I did feel we would at least cover and we did--OH, did we ever !!!!

Now some cold hard facts---This great team MUST buck;e down game after game---We will be the team that now must defend as WE ARE THE BEST IN THE VALLEY--We will play like it -- The students must now do their part Chicago Media notwithstanding

RUN RAMBLERS !!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:31 pm 

When will we know more on Custer. If it’s a few weeks, I’m actually okay with it because it will certainly make our bench stronger.... but I am really hoping we get him back soon. He’s the general of this team and until he went down he’s been having a solid season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:32 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Not to be blunt, but who gives a crap about next year's schedule? This is awesome!

Great point ! I’d say we should all act like we’ve been here before, except - we haven’t !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next