It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:34 pm 

Wooo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:37 pm 

Brot makes a great point. Florida was averaging 94.7 points per game coming into this game, and we held them to a season-low 59 on their home court. If/when we beat Norfolk State on Saturday, we'll be 9-1 against D1 teams with a win over Florida on the road. That might get some AP votes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
When will we know more on Custer. If it’s a few weeks, I’m actually okay with it because it will certainly make our bench stronger.... but I am really hoping we get him back soon. He’s the general of this team and until he went down he’s been having a solid season.

This. If Custer can make it back by February we may drop some games we shouldn't, but he'd be back and rested (!!!) when it counts. Richardson could be back as early as Milwaukee next week. I feel bad he couldn't finish the game, but he really drove this team through an awesome first half.

And what a confidence boost for Satterwhite after this game. His jump pass to Krutwig was a thing of beauty; and those free throws were great too. Ice cold Also did you notice how Florida didn't wanna foul Krutwig in that situation? They didn't wanna foul a freshman big. That's some respect and burned 4-5 seconds!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:40 pm 

I was too slap-happy to notice at the end ... did the jacket stay on all game?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 pm 

Toledo et al--you cannot have it both ways--We were bad so we could not get teams to play us--Now we are good and we STILL cannot get top tier teams to play us ??? PM will get us good draws quickly--ala our Spokane buddies !! EG teams like Tulsa Dayton Bonny BC Wake Purdue --
If we keep winning we will be a big draw !!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 pm 

next year's schedule is important. It would be nice to have a chance at an "at large" bid before the season starts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:51 pm 

As a result of the game, we move from 91 to 67 in the RPI. We move from 89 to 76 in KenPom.

On the RPI end, it will have a bigger effect for us when Florida starts beating some SEC teams. As for KenPom, I think we're at a place where we know the team and its capabilities to go on a good run, and improve efficiency.

If we can win out non-con and go 12-6 or better in conference, I think we've got an NIT bid. We'd probably have to win the conference and lose Arch Madness for a hope at an at large, but this Florida win makes it absolutely possible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 pm 

Next year's schedule is important because we should have way more of these games. At worst, we get an anomoly performance where we get blown out like at Boise St. and it's no harm, no foul. At best, we get these kind of upsets. Even if we don't win, there aren't too many programs in the country where we would lose and get outclassed (Duke? Kentucky? Kansas?).

None of those kids will remember the Eureka game. They'll ALL remember tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:53 pm 

Rough night for the MVC overall....who would’ve thought of all the games tonight we’d be the win

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 pm 

I wish we could organize a Jesuit tournament in Rome (doing as we have Jesuit pope) - loyola, Georgetown, Xavier, Marquette, Gonzaga, St. Louis. Good lineup, good idea and would get good press. Would be nice to play more solid Jesuit schools. I’m all about improving our schedule but I would like to play more teams like those guys more than northwestern and DePaul.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next