It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:27 am 

This sticky topic is about Arch Madness 2018. The Ramblers are currently in first place in the MVC and have a chance to be one of the top seeds at the MVC Tournament. (I believe we are already mathematically eliminated from the last three seeds in the tournament...) For most other teams, this would be an exciting situation. For a team that hasn't been to the NCAA Tournament since 1985, this is especially big. Getting as many Rambler fans down to St. Louis for the event will help fire up the team, make a more memorable experience, and show the rest of the league who we are.

This will serve as the Ramblermania Mega-Thread about Arch Madness 2018: Seeding, where to stay, what to do, where to meet up, ticket swaps, cheers, boos, observations, dinner plans, tips, advice, deals, swaps, logistics, news, tourism pointers, etc.

First, here's the main things:

What: 2018 MVC Men's Basketball Conference Tournament, a.k.a. Arch Madness

Where: Scottrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri

When: March 1-4, 2018

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:50 am 

Good idea to start this JCT! I'm super excited to go this year, especially after I missed it for the first time last year.

Here's a link to the annual Loyola kickoff event: https://www.alumni.luc.edu/s/1548/alumn ... 805&crid=0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:33 pm 

Posted the info on the front page of the website for handy reference as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 pm 

I've got my hotel booked and will be there Friday to Sunday. Very much looking forward to my first Arch Madness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:02 pm 

I can't make it down for Fri/Sat. If we make it to the ship though, I plan on driving down in the middle of the night and being there in person on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 pm 

I usually can not afford the stay at the team hotel. So I have in the past 1) stayed in Collinsville...15 minutes to the stadium.2) waited and tried to buy something downtown day of ....has worked fairly well. 3) look for deals way early. This is what I did this year and got a really nice hotel downtown a block from team hotel paying 110 a night.
The disadvantage is that a lot more cool to stay in team hotel..although I have gone to most of the school events.. I have usually bought my tickets from the scalpers for between 15 and 25...but we have never played on a Sunday and often these have been Thursday and Friday tickets. Disadvantage is you may not be able to sit in LU section which is really cool...when we went up on WS with about 3 minutes to go glad I was in the LU section. Already excited about this year....Hope I can clear THursday from my schedule.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:48 am 

I can't make Friday or Saturday either but keeping Sunday open for an early morning drive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 pm 

In an Email from athletics, it said that the seats are going to be closest to the court in sections 104-106. 104 starts at about the 3 point line and 106 goes into the corner. Should be good seats for the weekend!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:08 pm 

I emailed the athletics department asking if they will be sponsoring a trip for students like they did my freshman year (arch madness 2015). I know there is a lot of interest, and the athletics department said they are trying to put something together and get the logistics, and hopefully they can. It was super affordable for students back then and super fun, and this year lines up fairly well with our spring break again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:28 pm 

As a student they haven't spread any information about it at all in emails or around campus. Which is sad because few years back I remember receiving email after email about Arch Madness in 3 months prior!

Of all years I really hope they can pull something together. I emailed two athletics employees and they directed me to the same ticketing website for everyone else. The Pack sent our a survey 10 days back to gauge interest in a bus/ticket package but still in the works.

A group of 4 students/alum along with myself have purchased the $155 ticket package and a nearby AirBnb. Someone contacted the Valley and they mentioned some idea about $10 student tickets at the door of Scottrade but didn't sound promising.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next