It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 pm 

JCT wrote:
Dansen wrote:
What's everyone up to before the Bradley game tomorrow? Ballpark village?

I don't get into town until 12:20 or so (train). But I'd really like to have a good sized gathering for dinner and Rambler talk after the 2nd game. Can we sign up 10 people or so, so we can make a reservation somewhere?

That would be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:49 am 

If history holds, there will be a send-off rally at the Westin at 12:45, and a school-sponsored postgame event at Wheelhouse(?). Place around the corner from the hotel.

I unfortunately have family obligations so I can't join the Ramblermaniac meet up, but I hope to meet many of you at the game!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:37 am 

Is that post game event confirmed?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:07 pm 

The after game event will probably be confirmed at the pre-game event. The issue is that if you leave after the Loyola game you can't get back into the stadium for the 2nd game. I personally want to watch the second game to see who we'll be playing on Sunday! Although the after party venue had every tv turned to the MVC... so you certainly could watch it from there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:10 am 

Never thought I would see Loyola fans close out a bar other than Hamiltons and Brunos......but two days in a row..LU maroon and gold just took over the Wheelhouse......was just awesome......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:21 am 

I bet it was. Had to head home after the game, but we were there on Saturday night and it was and awesome Rambler experience. Got to share a dinner table with Jerry Harkness himself!. I hope that LU can find a way to make the Wheelhouse our post game home for the future Arches.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:34 am 

Arch Madness is a great event, and I'm glad that so many Rambler fans came down to St. Louis. I admit, my expectation was that we would have 4 or 5 rows of fans in our two sections. It was really awesome to see the turnout. And for the most part we were loud. Especially Donte's dad!

The championship game was such a cakewalk that I think a lot of us were standing there kind of stunned at what was happening. It still hasn't really sunk in for me.

I've been telling people all year that Krutwig was going to lead us to the tournament. I didn't think it would be this year! I'm happy for all of us--especially the long timers. But I do have to give some credit here to swella who predicted to me three years ago that this would be our year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:30 pm 

I also wanted to praise ArchMadness. This was the first year that I experienced it and obviously I'm very pleased that I did. I just wanted to post this for those of you that did not make it this year... I would highly recommend it! Win or loose it's a great time... great event...great venue (expensive but aren't they all). I'm not thinking about next year at all...but if you're on the fence next year, I would highly recommend that you go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9