It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Go get 'em Ramblers !!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:48 pm 

Redbirds will be tough But we will be ready!! Our Defense will be the thing !! We are the best--I really believe this ! Porter has a chance to degeat a school that dumped him !! Do it for Porter team !!!
Defend well and get off to a big lead early !!!

GO RAMBLERS !!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:24 pm 

That will be a big story line. Also the fact that Loyola hasn't been to the tournament in 33 years and ISU hasn't been in 20 years.

It's also high stakes for me, because I live in Bloomington-Normal. Yeesh. I was hoping to avoid this matchup in the finals.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:01 pm 

Well it appears to be our destiny John !! Nothing has come easy for LUC !! So this is but another hurdle for us to jump. Actually I feel this is six of one and half dozen of another--Hinson is the better Coach and Redbirds are the better team-- I would actually prefer to play the Salukis--BUT it is what it it is--They went to overtime That should help us--If we get a nice lead early it will help as well !

We have been together a long time---really long--Is this not the best it has ever been ??? Some stuff---
--- This team is just about as good as our 63 bunch--different styles but--
--- I truly like this MVC except for two teams--Bradley--because they cheated in the long ago--CCNY KY and them -point shavers !! Plus their arrogant fan base--and the RedBirds for their playground style and their lack of discipline which always lurks beneath the surface--although it did pop up in this evening's game-- a T for one of their players.
---Am sick of Redbirds whining about last year--It has happened many times to us !!! Get over it

We win by nine or so !!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:12 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
Well it appears to be our destiny John !! Nothing has come easy for LUC !! So this is but another hurdle for us to jump. Actually I feel this is six of one and half dozen of another--Hinson is the better Coach and Redbirds are the better team-- I would actually prefer to play the Salukis--BUT it is what it it is--They went to overtime That should help us--If we get a nice lead early it will help as well !

We have been together a long time---really long--Is this not the best it has ever been ??? Some stuff---
--- This team is just about as good as our 63 bunch--different styles but--
--- I truly like this MVC except for two teams--Bradley--because they cheated in the long ago--CCNY KY and them -point shavers !! Plus their arrogant fan base--and the RedBirds for their playground style and their lack of discipline which always lurks beneath the surface--although it did pop up in this evening's game-- a T for one of their players.
---Am sick of Redbirds whining about last year--It has happened many times to us !!! Get over it

We win by nine or so !!!

Brot, besides maybe Sister Jean, there is no person more than you that I want to see us win tomorrow. I mean that sincerely. Let’s do this!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:37 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
We win by nine or so !!!

I have a feeling it will be a much closer game...but the Ramblers will grind out a win!

I can't wait for tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:59 am 

Kind words Grad !! Thank you so much !!
--I have been around since JACK KERRIS !! Have seen a lot Good bad and in the middle--What really pleases me is REIMAGINE !! For our TEAM it has resurrected a comatose giant. It has awakened at Loyola what the Admins neglected for so many years !! Ge X saw it Gonzaga saw it Marquette saw it and on and on !!! We have awakened--Lets keep it going !!

One More Porter One more TEAM--Go get it !!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:32 am 

I echo 01's sentiments. I hope Longshot is pulling some strings up there for us!

Let's win it for Brot and Sister Jean!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:40 am 

Hey, what about me?

I'm no spring chicken either!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 am 

Brot....I have worried at every step and every corner....waiting for the the ceiling to fall down.....running around like Chicken Little....it is the way im wired.....but you BROT.....have put your chin into the wind and marched forward with this group...all season long......insisting that they were winners and would get it done..........and well they did......You were on the money !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 am 

Natey--GOforit !! AND all you great Pals !! Believe it !! I do NOT know the finer points of the game --You guys do !! But one thing I did realize--I saw close up at Kent St two years back--CLOSE UP==Our seats were not more than five feet from the bench I saw what I saw--These players to a man were looking PM in the eye--at each time out--You could see how they listened and respected him !! WE WON THAT GAME !! That is when I Knew we would be winners !! I never swayed away from that !! An top of that we had HUGE talent--eg Bradley and Birds had lots of talent BUT both lacked that "look in the eye" mentality-- We have what it takes--They do not !!!
---BTW this is why I am so hard on Avery !! To date he just does not get it--I have a hunch he will soon !!!

Thanks again so much !!

About tha JCT guy !! He now n=must be wearing a size 14 hat !! BUT lets face it !! My old Pal--longest on the board-- DESERVES ALL the kudos he can get !!!