It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 pm 

JCT wrote:
SIU was initially was one of the most outraged fanbases when we joined the conference.
They had a 34-page thread debating Loyola joining the MVC....

http://www.salukination.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=619

When you get to page 6, a poster named IowaSaluki seems to get it. He lists many plusses and the potential we had almost five years ago and ends his post with:

Quote:
It is quite possible that in a reasonable amount of time (e.g. five to seven years), Loyola may be post-season bound.

Reading through the first 6/7 pages, I’d say there was actually a pretty decent split between those that were ok with it, those that thought it was the worst thing in the world, and those that didn’t like it, but accepted it. Among my SIU friends, there was very little “this is terrible” feeling. Many of them wished it would’ve been Murray State or Belmont, mainly because those are only a couple hours drives from Carbondale. My Chicago SIU friends loved it, since they can catch a game close to home now.

Now Bradley fans, I remember a lot worse reaction from them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:02 pm 

JCT ... I remember very well that string back when we joined the league. As I recall they were among the most vocal objectors. A win tomorrow night in their place would be especially sweet. Thanks for reminding me of that thread. If we can avoid turning the ball over 19 times, I really like our chances ... too much talent, too much depth. On another note, I believe Saturday will be a sell out, but there will be a large ISU turnout ... I would bet a quarter of the arena. Its going to be fun! Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 pm 

TWENTY SEVEN!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:18 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 pm 

Reserved sections are now showing as sold out. And tickets are starting to appear on StubHub and Vivid Seats for prices ranging from $50 to $125...for GA and 200 level tickets :shock: . Hmm, I wonder what I could get for my....no, no, won’t do it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 pm 

01grad wrote:
... tickets are starting to appear on StubHub and Vivid Seats for prices ranging from $50 to $125...for GA and 200 level tickets :shock: . Hmm, I wonder what I could get for my....no, no, won’t do it.

Don't feel guilty, the thought crossed my mind too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:46 am 

And I gave my ticket away!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:19 am 

I am going to sit down ,,,have a cup of coffee and reminisce about sitting in the first row at the St. Peters game and turning around......because I did not think there was anyone behind me.....I do not think there were 100 people.......and we were a THURSDAY team....
No matter how the season ends.....A full house,,,,a good team,,,some relevancy.... great kids who graduate at a top of the nation rate.
NOW my biggest issues are waiting for them to start selling beer again.....and the 5 minutes it takes to exit the parking structure
Seriously to all you fans who have hung in there and to all the people at the athletic department.....Its SWELLA FELLA...ITS GANELLA.....

On a side note.....Spring is close..I have ants in the house.(forget the groundhog)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am 

I just tried pulling a pair of GA's and struck out there, too. Seems like it will be a sell out if the students show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:39 am 

Nate, pretty sure you can buy a beer at Gentile. I sat with my buddy and his son at a game not too long ago and the youngster bought a beer at halftime. I think it was Pabst, the beer I was weaned on at Hamiltons.

But I thought you gave up beer for Lent.