It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Womens BBALL
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:07 pm 

I know,,,,I know.....there is a spot for this ,,,just wanted people to be aware.....Coach Achter is starting to get it done....turning the women's program around.

Post subject: Re: Womens BBALL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 am 

They have had a nice season, and should take pride in the Illinois Cup standings as theyre a big part of our success. I think the Illinois Cup is a great addition and has greatly increased my interest in the women's team. I was following their game Southern very closely because of it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:20 am 

440Rambler wrote:
They have had a nice season, and should take pride in the Illinois Cup standings as theyre a big part of our success. I think the Illinois Cup is a great addition and has greatly increased my interest in the women's team. I was following their game Southern very closely because of it.

What're the current standings of that?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 am 

Points by each school:

Loyola: Mens team 3 points (2 left in play) Womens team 3 points (none left in play) = Total 6 (Max 8)

ISU: Mens team 2 points ( 1 left in play) Womens team 3 points (1 left in play) = Total 5 (Max 7)

Bradley: Mens team 3 points (none left in play) Womens team 2 points (1 left in play) = Total 5 (Max 6)

Southern: Mens team 2 points (1 left in play) Womens team 3 points (none left in play) = Total 5 (Max 6)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:35 am 

I got the chance to watch the women's team play at Missouri St. Even though they lost pretty badly (it seemed like an off-night for them), I was really impressed with the team and coaching. Coaches expected the best out of the players, and the players listened. It's similar to the early years of Porter: You can tell they are getting better, and that something good is happening despite the not-so-good record.

For the Illinois Cup, if the men's team beats ISU on Saturday, we win it. If we beat SIU but not ISU, then the worst case is a tie with ISU for 1st. The 1st tiebreaker is overall conference record, and the second is overall season record. We currently hold a 1.5 game lead in both. The last 2 tiebreakers are number of tournament wins and average margin of victory within the series. It could come down to the wire!