It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Nicely done, btw
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 pm 

Tip of the cap to Ramblers.

I watched your game the other day and am excited that you (and your program) are dancing.

Enjoy the journey ... and get a win or two (unless,of course you're matched up with the Zags).

Mark Few quote ... December, 2000 (his first year as h.c.)

Last edited by GoZags on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Nicely done, btw
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:01 pm 

Thanks--great to hear from a fellow Jesuit school supporter...and one that happens to have established a model of consistency and success on the court.

I saw that as of today, the Zags are a projected 5 seed. Really hoping their dismantling of BYU tonight will bump them up to a 4 seed. The Zags are one 5 seed I want nothing to do with round 1. Give me Clemson, Ohio State or Kentucky over them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:41 am 

Big day today for the Ramblers and their faithful.

I clearly recall March 13, 1999 at KeyArena in Seattle. Gonzaga had just beaten Stanford in the 10/2 game to go to the Sweet 16. I got the stuffing hugged out of me by a longtime close friend and fellow grad .... of course we'd be going to Phoenix for the Sweet 16. This was a "once in a lifetime" experience ... winning a game and then winning a 2nd game to advance.

I saw a post on your board that recognized folks that are enjoying Loyola's run from "up above" .... and I "feel" the excitement you guys have down to your core.

I'm hopeful that you guys make some noise (just not against us). I'm hopeful that this is the start of something special ... something that will continue.

This visit was prompted by recognizing and understanding how important this day, and this season is for you guys. My friend that hugged the life out of me in KeyArena passed away 5 years ago (waaaaay to early). On the bench for the Zags that day was Father Tony Lehman, SJ ... team Chaplain, Alumni Chaplain and probably the best person I've ever encountered. He ended each conversation with the words "... too be continued".

You guys have your traditions ... your relationships ... and you understand that this is important. Sorry I've rambled but I DO want to say ... Remember this ... enjoy this ... cherish this. For I have this feeling this isn't a "once in a lifetime" experience for you. https://blogs.gonzaga.edu/tobecontinued ... y-lehmann/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:25 pm 

Yet another "Tip 'o the cap".

Nicely done ....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:47 am 

GoZags wrote:
Yet another "Tip 'o the cap".

Nicely done ....

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck against Ohio State tomorrow! I have Zags going to the Sweet 16.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:00 am 

Party like it’s 1999 (the start of our “cute little run” of 20 straight dances ... and ‘99-‘01 back to back to back Sweet 16 or beyond). Of course ‘99 for us ended in the Elite 8 (33 seconds and a possession away from the Final 4 against eventual National Champ UConn) I’m hopeful yours goes a little farther. Would flat out LOVE to meet some of you guys in San Antonio.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:46 pm 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... tion=click

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:50 am 

Thanks for the post " GoZaggs " . My sister lives in University Place , Washington and I have visited Chambers Bay but never played it . My nephews went to Curtis HS . One guy went to U-Dub and another to Wazzu .