It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:51 am 

For those of us going (I am going by myself) I would like to start a thread of places we can meet for dinner/drinks/etc. This thread can also be useful for posting flight and hotel information.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 am 

Pretty sure the University's Alumni Relations team will be hosting drink/watch parties. Should find out more at the Selection Sunday event this afternoon and will post any updates I hear about.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:46 pm 

Just booked my flight into DFW (from NYC) - landing at 10PM Wednesday night, staying at a friend's. So far seems that I'll be heading to the game by myself - would love to find seats to sit w/ Loyola folks.

Who else is making the trip?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:46 pm 

I visited the Dallas Metroplex this past July, staying in Arlington. For more information about Dallas area tourism: https://www.visitdallas.com.

Time and distance may not allow you to visit many attractions in the Metroplex, but the No. 1 tourist attraction in Dallas is probably the Sixth Floor Museum (https://www.jfk.org/) in the Dallas County Administration Building (nee the Texas School Book Depository). The Sixth Floor Museum obviously covers the events surrounding the assassination of President Kennedy, but it is also a museum about Kennedy's life and career beyond that. If you somehow get to Arlington (about 20 miles west of Dallas), visit AT&T Stadium which is the home of the Dallas Cowboys. That was an awesome stadium tour when I went. The Southfork Ranch (http://www.southforkranch.com/) is another popular attraction in the Metroplex, but that is about 25 miles northeast of Dallas in Parker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:00 pm 

Can you still walk around the stockyards in Ft. Worth and drink/buy beer on the street? It reminded me of N.O.

Last edited by NuncEstBibendum on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm 

NuncEstBibendum wrote:
Can you still walk around the stockyards in Ft. Worth an drink/buy beer on the street? It reminded me of N.O.

Yes. I was there last month.

I will be driving in that morning from Houston. Still need to figure out how to buy tickets though. Anybody have any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:19 pm 

Are there any good possibly cheaper ways to get to Dallas besides just a flight from Chicago to Dallas. The tickets are a little pricey.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:25 pm 

For those of you planning to fly to Dallas, keep in mind that Southwest flies to Dallas Love Field (DAL) while most of the other airlines fly to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). Love Field is closer to Downtown Dallas.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:29 pm 

On Southwest it is also much cheaper to fly out of Milwaukee to Dallas as opposed to Midway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
NuncEstBibendum wrote:
Can you still walk around the stockyards in Ft. Worth an drink/buy beer on the street? It reminded me of N.O.

Yes. I was there last month.

I will be driving in that morning from Houston. Still need to figure out how to buy tickets though. Anybody have any ideas?

Call the Loyola box office before 4 p.m. central tomorrow.

The Ticketmaster site has behind the goal upper deck seats at $150. Order from Loyola if you can, cheaper prices and better seats, but limited number.