It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 am 

I am so used to not being in the Tournament I overbooked myself....unbelievable......So heading to the Old Hamiltons....63's now with some friends,,,,,then Brunos after.....All are welcome.......or does anyone think they will open up the student/alumni bar on campus and/or watch party in Gentile..
I am already nervous.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:10 am 

Friends bought tickets online for $12.50 yesterday.

Also, an email regarding events the University is putting on:

THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2018

Let's Dance!
Hot off of a 28-5 season, the Men's Basketball team is heading to Dallas for the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 33 years!

Round 1 vs. Miami (FL)
American Airlines Center, Dallas
March 15, tip-off at 2:10 p.m. CT
Live coverage of the game will be on truTV. Tickets are available through the NCAA or third party sites.

Heading to Dallas?
Open practice for Loyola Men’s Basketball
Fans, friends and alumni are invited to view the open practice
of the men’s basketball team.
American Airlines Center | 2500 Victory Ave
Wednesday, March 14 | 11:45 a.m.

Round 1 Pregame
Let's get ready to dance! Join fans from all over the country for a pregame reception as we celebrate our Ramblers and get ready to cheer the team on. Although there will be no registration cost for this event, please RSVP here to let us know if you plan to attend. Light appetizers will be provided, and your first drink is on us!
Happiest Hour - 2nd Floor
2616 Olive St, Dallas, TX 75201
Thursday, March 15 | 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Watching from afar?
Can't make it to Dallas and want to watch the game with fellow Rambler fans? The following locations welcome Rambler fans to gather together:

Chicago
Bulldog Ale House - The official away-game watch party sponsor
6606 N Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL 60626
Wear your Rambler gear and receive 20% off regularly priced food items.

Lizzie McNeil's
400 N McClurg Court, Chicago, IL 60611
Light appetizers will be provided.

Want to watch on Campus? The Damen Student Center will be broadcasting the game for students and alumni. Ireland's Pub 10 will be open on the lower level.

Miami
GreenStreet Cafe Lounge and Restaurant
3468 Main Hwy, Miami, FL 33133

Hosting a party in your city? Let us know, and we will post to our website!

Don’t forget to follow along on social media and share your Rambler moments with us. Use hashtags #OnwardLU and #LUCalums to be featured on our accounts.

Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am 

Got my tickets email late last night.... after digging through spam. Phew!

For all those fans going down to Dallas early open practices are tomorrow. 11:45am-12:25pm

https://www.visitdallas.com/things-to-do/events/view/5363/March-Madness-Open-Practice-Day.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 am 

natethskate wrote:
I am so used to not being in the Tournament I overbooked myself....unbelievable......So heading to the Old Hamiltons....63's now with some friends,,,,,then Brunos after.....All are welcome.......or does anyone think they will open up the student/alumni bar on campus and/or watch party in Gentile..
I am already nervous.

Bar 63 has really gone downhill since the last management/ownership change. Bulldog Ale House has kind of become the go-to place to catch a game. They have been showing every Loyola game that has been available on TV. The food and drinks are pretty good and they have excellent specials!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 am 

I was SHOCKED to hear that we only got 350 seats in the Loyola block!!! I am pleasantly surprised that my request for 3 was granted. I'm just bummed to hear that so many people were declined and therefor will be spread out. That definitely won't help what I assume will be a very large disparity in the size of the two crowds. Glad that we will have sections 107 and 108... will be great to be so close to our team!

On a side note... Has anyone seen details about the "send away" party at the team hotel before each of the next six games? My son and I really enjoyed this at ArchM.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 am 

I also agree about Bar 63... My family went to BullDogs before several games this year and thought that it was much better than 63.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:41 pm 

I’m bummed I won’t be in the lower bowl with everyone, but if it’s any consolation on the 350 seats, that’s not a Loyola thing. Another lawyer I work with here in Houston is a huge Texas Tech fan, and they only got 350 seats as well for their session. I’m m glad loyola got some seats in section 313 as well and hopefully there is a good amount of us up there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 am 

Texas, I have arrived!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 pm 

Beyond the campus bars and downtown, anyone going to Northside bars - or does anyone know of bar that is calling itself a Loyola bar?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 pm 

Here's a list of watch parties:

https://www.alumni.luc.edu/s/1548/alumn ... alcid=1238

Currently has Chicago, St. Louis, and Miami

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next