All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:32 pm 

Desperately and w a red face googling how to delete a post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:09 pm 

Mr Furley wrote:
Desperately and w a red face googling how to delete a post

Don't sweat it... Cincy was up 20+ in a laugher. And there was the natural connection to the 63 final.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 pm 

I had a feeling Nevada would be our home challenge game next year. They were the only home team this year we have not played. Plus similar records.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:19 pm 

01grad wrote:
Don’t let the 7 seed fool you. Like us, Nevada is a lot better than their seed.

Definitely! They have a very high powered offense. They're talented, they move the ball well, and they can put up a lot of points real quick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 am 

Nevada is solid.

This year they beat Illinois state by 30, they beat southern Illinois by 20, and they narrowly beat Boise state twice.

We certainly can win but these guys deserve a ton of respect. I still don’t know why they only play six guys though. Hopefully our preview will explain that today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:49 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
Nevada is solid.

This year they beat Illinois state by 30, they beat southern Illinois by 20, and they narrowly beat Boise state twice.

We certainly can win but these guys deserve a ton of respect. I still don’t know why they only play six guys though. Hopefully our preview will explain that today.

Nevada fan here...congrats on a great tourney so far. Glad to see fellow "mid majors" move through the brackets....just one reason why the Dance is the best post season in sports! To answer your question, we play six for a few reasons. 1) Coach says so. :D He works the team VERY hard in the off season with a lot of running in the mountains around Lake Tahoe, so they're conditioning somewhere between 7,000-8,000 feet, which helps a ton during the season. 2) We have a lot of transfers that are on scholly, but not able to play yet (4-5 this year). 3) We're down a player as well, having lost our PG to a ruptured Achilles about a month ago, so he's gone and our PF is playing the PG now. Also have another player, Williams, out for the season. Lots of injuries with the remaining 6 as well. Caleb Martin has been playing in a lisfranc sprain, Stephens with a torn ligament in his shooting thumb, Caroline with a broken finger and Cody Martin has just been sick. Josh Hall is healthy though! :D

I'm hoping we don't spot you guys a 14 or 22 point lead though....my ticker can't handle it! Good luck Thursday! One of us is going to the Elite 8 to rep the little guys!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:08 pm 

I’m already liking the Nevada fan base! They seem genuinely happy to be here just like us. My impressions from being Dallas for the games - texas tech fans were great. Miami fans (As little as they were) were great. Tennessee fans were entitled jerks.

Sounds like Nevada is overcoming a ton of adversity. That being said - they are certainly making the most of their opportunities. We are way deeper than them but they are way bigger than us. It really seems like this is a game where we need krutwig and Jackson BOTH to bring their A-game in the paint and draw fouls early.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:23 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
I’m already liking the Nevada fan base! They seem genuinely happy to be here just like us. My impressions from being Dallas for the games - texas tech fans were great. Miami fans (As little as they were) were great. Tennessee fans were entitled jerks.

Sounds like Nevada is overcoming a ton of adversity. That being said - they are certainly making the most of their opportunities. We are way deeper than them but they are way bigger than us. It really seems like this is a game where we need krutwig and Jackson BOTH to bring their A-game in the paint and draw fouls early.

Hey, you have to enjoy the ride when you can, right? Nevada went to the Sweet 16 in 2004 and after a string of NCAA tourney appearances, things petered out, so you never know how long the ride will last or if you'll get another chance. I've had mostly good experiences with fans from other schools, sans Michigan State in 2004. Their fans were pretty arrogant and generally crappy.....and that was before we beat them, so I didn't shed a tear when they lost yesterday. But back to Loyola-Nevada. I think it will be a great game and the fact that at least one non-power 5 team will make the Elite 8 (though I like Gonzaga's chances too) is cause enough for good vibes and hoisting a beer to a great game. But listen here! If you guys beat us, I will absolutely consider you all to be jerks. That's just how this works. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:43 pm 

Slapdad wrote:
ToledoRambler wrote:

Hey, you have to enjoy the ride when you can, right? Nevada went to the Sweet 16 in 2004 and after a string of NCAA tourney appearances, things petered out, so you never know how long the ride will last or if you'll get another chance. I've had mostly good experiences with fans from other schools, sans Michigan State in 2004. Their fans were pretty arrogant and generally crappy.....and that was before we beat them, so I didn't shed a tear when they lost yesterday. But back to Loyola-Nevada. I think it will be a great game and the fact that at least one non-power 5 team will make the Elite 8 (though I like Gonzaga's chances too) is cause enough for good vibes and hoisting a beer to a great game. But listen here! If you guys beat us, I will absolutely consider you all to be jerks. That's just how this works. :D

I like this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:52 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:

Only along the perimeter. Nevada's tallest contributor is 6'7, and Loyola's is 6'9. Aside from the 7' grad student I'm looking up right now, they look pretty even in height. And considering San Diego State had a 7' center who had a career night in their first win against the Pack (after averaging 2.5 a game the rest of the year), that means your guy is probably due for a double double. :roll: