It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:55 am 

Word on the Twitters is that there is an agreement with non tenured faculty, so at least that will be off the table in terms of priorities.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:51 pm 

NO LONGER BORING !! I just read GO' s post In my opinion HE nailed it !! Porter has LOYALTY !! He is Chicago through and through !! His children are set--

Mrs Porter is just what Porter is--LOYAL !! He wants to stay in my opinion--It appears that certain BRASS at LUC does NOT have a smidgen of the Character that PM has--Hence the delay !!
The City has gotten behind him--much to the chagrin of NW DEP and UIC !! Proof ?? He is everywhere-- Frankly he has become an Ambassador for his team , LUC and the City !! Only the Brass at LUC does apparently NOT see this !!

I now see LUC despite the egotists at the helm , rising to BIG EAST standards all the while STAYING in the VALLEY as they too are now on the onset of a resurrection !!
WOW !! RE-SIGN the man and let us get on with it !!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:44 pm 

"When Butler advanced to its first championship game in 2011, Brad Stevens signed a 12-year deal three days later. When Shaka Smart led VCU to a surprising Final Four berth in the same season — like Loyola as a No. 11 seed — he agreed to a new eight-year deal just two days after the Rams’ season ended."

Our university leadership is now the laughingstock of college basketball a golden opportunity is being wasted by waiting this long.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 pm 

RAMBLING !! I have been a RAMBLER fan for just over SEVENTY years !! Nothing has changed re speed of doing things Athletics in ALL that time !!

Now the excuse might be for thenon tenured profs to approve a deal first !! Convenient reason for delay this time around !! The non tenured people apparently do NOT care re LUC image especially NOW !! It is now TIME for MS ROONEY to step up ---NOW !! SIGN PORTER !! I was bored --Now I am angry !!

AS Always Streak comes through !!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:56 am 

Here's a good Sun Times article about Porter the Recruiter:

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.co ... ecruiting/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Here's a good Sun Times article about Porter the Recruiter:

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.co ... ecruiting/

Awesome article, thanks for sharing. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Porter can do with the next two scholarships. Word on campus is that Prentiss Nixon's visit went about as good as it could have.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:13 pm 

let us truly look at this sad situation--Moser the LOYAL General HONORING his present COMMITMENT , He and his staff are DOING the job !!! one day at a time as a good LEADER does !! And then we have the LUC ADMINISTRATION !! Acting as a snail would pushing a rock up hill !!! Little if ANY HONOR from that group--Shame on them !!

PORTER succeeded beyond ALL expectations==AS a good loyal FAITHFUL and succesful General --HE should be rewarded

GO PORTER , RAMBLER TEAM !!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:14 pm 

It is 40 minutes long, but solid interview with Porter Moser about the season, Final 4 run and coaching in general. Pretty cool to listen to.

http://coachingulive.com/porter-moser-l ... ead-coach/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:35 pm 

Hey Brot,
I'm with you! I attended the post season dinner, and heard Dr. Rooney speak clearly of all
of the amazing attention drawn to LU via the PM led post season successes. She clearly gave her kudos
to PM for his work. YET here we stand? I see daily posts on the recruiting going on with PM and staff.
This guy is doing everything right. His emotion at the dinner was contagious and even that dinner got press on the local media.
YET here we stand?
I find it hard to imagine that the university cannot handle more than one issue at a time. I would like them to know, that every day in my practice, I have patients telling me that they cannot believe there is still no deal, easily four or five a day.These are not die hard basketball fans, but locals that were truly impressed with what they saw in the NCAA's. I am becoming embarrassed that this is the case.
My loyalties are with the coach more than the school as this situation goes on and on.
Lets cut to the chase and settle this long term, with conviction and sincerity, because it is the right thing to do in every way. and not drag on grudgingly trying to reach some middle of the ground compromise that placates the powers that be.... PM, guess you know where I stand here.....

Ramblerguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:00 pm 

We do not know what the holdup is.

Stevens signed a 12 year deal and left in two years. Smart signed an eight year deal and left in four.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next