It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:49 am 

Agree strongly with the opinion that Moser will stay. Loyola will raise his salary substantially. Also, the north shore suburbs including Wilmette, are one of the best areas in the country to raise a family. Four boys will need a high school education, and Loyola Academy is not far away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:51 am 

As I previously said Schwartz at St. Bonna has to be considered ahead of Porter for pretty much every opening East of us. With all due respect to what Porter has done here, Schwartz has achieved better results in a better conference over a longer period of time. I wont be concerned about Porter leaving until a lot of dominoes fall, and I am skeptical that they will.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:23 pm 

We all value different things ...and all things have different values to different people (hows that for using my LU education?) I think PM values family and place and loyalty. I think he stays as long as LU shows him they appreciate him...and they have done that by building the practice facility...but it will have to include a bump and an extension. But we are part of this as well....He values the fans and students supporting the team......If you are going to get season tickets next year....get em now....If you have not donated to the Norwell Fund to help with his donation ???? Just a story I heard from the Sports editor of the Bloomington Pantagraph...he said that when ISU fired Porter...he told ISU to take his buy out money and split it among his assistant coaches....I think that is a glimpse into his values.......but we cant take that for granted and short change him and make him feel slighted....its not all about the money....but.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRl_sBg6GX8

Also do you think Steve Watson is not a hot commodity with Sports Departments around the country who are mired in a variety of dusty situations? I think like the Tony Barone article in the paper today made clear...having an AD that you can team up with is important. I thought Coach Whitesell was a good guy and a good coach.....wonder if with the correct AD and support he may not have gotten it done here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:40 pm 

Watson has now overseen the revival of both the Bonnies and Ramblers mens basketball programs...I would think he has to be on some short lists at bigger schools.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:04 pm 

Bigger ? Yes !! Better especially historically ?? NO !! We were among the best--Ireland's boys and t6o a lesser degree Hagerty.s teams were recognized as of the best !! Short sighted Admins ruined this reputation and the NCAA ' Committee did the rest. WE l ike Gonzaga and X before us are on the brink of restoration. --Gentile !! New practice facility--Porter Moser !!!
Watson Leave here ?? He might but doubtful !! I have been there MOST of you have not--Just hang in guys and GALS we can and will do great things !! AGAIN !!!

LUC and others are making a mockery of the term "mid major " !! BTW the Creighton AD should be ashamed !!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:56 pm 

With all due respect to Schwartz -- 2 wins in the NCAA tourney just blew away anything he has done to this point in his career. These AD's want to hire whats hot. And the only thing hotter than Porter is Sister Jean right now!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 pm 

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I just don't see him leaving. He has just put together another outstanding recruiting class that in my opinion will position us very well for continued success in the Valley. All the attention we have received from this run will only help in future recruiting which will help sustain continued success. He is on the cusp of turning Loyola into a powerful program. As for the financials, I hope the administration can recognize the positive publicity this team (and hopefully future tournament teams) brings to the University, and puts its best foot forward with a strong long term contract. Porter could one day have his name on our court ... I sure hope we get to see that happen!!! Go Ramblers!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:15 pm 

Whoa! Here we go getting ahead of things. You know what PM would say? Lets focus in here, one game at a time, one possession at a time, and give it 100 %. Im so locked in to tomorrow's game that this thread is giving me a headache. Im glad the players that PM has now can do better than the fans in not going away from the task at hand.
BUT since you guys started this, and since it is a full day before the game tomorrow, and since I have already researched everything about Nevada basketball, etc,. I think:
LU will come to value the media attention, put a price on it and figure out the true worth of keeping PM and his program here.
I believe the fan base will be exponentially stronger next year and should also contribute to the cost of keeping PM here. i have heard the word Loyola in at least fifty random conversations in my office and around the city... Never heard ONE before. Got the idea here?
If PM is the guy I think I know, he will want to continue to build right here. The intangibles of the Chicago sports scene are huge and I think he can see the value in it. This is a huge market and the success we are having now should lay the way for more of the same if manage it well.
PM can do this and I would think he would enjoy the challenge. He is a Valley guy and this is a basketball school in the heart of the national media and the home of locally grown talent that should want to be here.
Mid major in name only.... big time in every other way. Thats what I see here at LU. I'm in, I hope that administration is too. Just have to do the right thing. Should be a no brainer. GO RAMBLERS. You've already done way more than I could have asked from this team. Thanks for this spectacular year!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:45 pm 

Ramblerguy ... very well put ... great post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:55 pm 

Season tickets, donations, alumni interest - all those definitely matter when you’re trying to get the university to invest in coaches, facilities, or other aspects of a program. But a jump in applications and interest in the school is what really gets the administration’s interest, “...athletics can be the front porch of the university.”

With NCAA success, Loyola now looks for gains off the court
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-met-loyola-basketball-university-publicity-20180321-story.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next