It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:50 pm 

And as I think I mentioned before, I believe what JCT and others point out is exactly what Porter wants to know now: Is Loyola committed to giving him ALL of the resources and infrastructure needed to maintain a top flight PROGRAM? That’s the ability this run gave him; the right to ask Loyola these questions and demand answers now.
I believe that is Porter’s long term goal, and Loyola will either do it now, or he will seek opportunity elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 pm 

The more I think about it, the more I see where Porter would be coming from. It obviously has to be a complete buy-in by the University to make the basketball program a competitor. Granted - we made it to the final four, but we need to understand that what we did was just short of a complete miracle. We have to be the team with the smallest budget to ever make a final four. The fact that we did so much on such a small budget is an unbelievable accomplishment in itself, otherwise teams like us would be doing it every year. We cannot have sustained success by just continuing to do what we’ve done. We are at a crossroads here.

We either are going to go all-in, or we are going to regress. If Porter is holding out to get a commitment to the program from the University and not just his salary, I applaud him for that. That is very forward thinking. He probably knows they just giving him more money alone is not going to change the way he coaches, or how he goes about business. He’s only maximized the potential using everything he was given for one season. I’m sure he knows that this alone can’t be replicated year in and year out without more investment in the program as a whole. Simply paying him more doesn’t improve him as a coach - - it merely keeps him here. What is he going to do, “try harder” now??? I’m pretty sure he gave everything he had in the tank this season, regardless of his salery. Granted - it’s j important to pay him well because he is key to facilitating success... but it doesn’t make our PROGRAM better to do that alone — it just makes him richer. Paying Rick Pitino 3 million a year and keeping the rest of our basketball budget exactly the same would not put us in the sweet sixteen every year. Every coach can only do so much with what he has...

Obviously everything is happening behind closed doors, but if what I’m thinking is happening (Porter is negotiating to have a high end program and not just a high end salary), he is doing all of us Rambler fans a huge service. If that’s the case - if he leaves, nobody should blame him. If it’s not NOW for the Board of Trustees to start investing in a winning basketball program, it’s probably never. If Porter leaves, I’d like to think the reason is that they didn’t buy into his presumed pitch, which would make me love him as a coach even more for at least trying.... even if he’s no longer ours.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:09 pm 

This is the opportunity to "make the Ramblers great again." The legacy left by Ireland, Lyne and Sullivan was squandered by Baumhart and his Board of Buffoons. Now Rooney, Parkinson and the current Board of Trustees can build on the success of Porter Moser and this years team.
Sign Porter now!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:06 pm 

But 64 Do they want to ??? I truly am now having trouble thinking that the Powers really really want to leave the cocoon of mediocrity !! I does take a real amount of courage and pure business foresight to become what we used to be and what the GTNs BCs et al are today !
Garanzini got the ball rolling--Now keep it moving !!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:16 am 

Would like to be patient on this deal getting done but other factors out of our control start to worry me. Has everyone seen the mess going on at Michigan State? It just keeps looking worse and worse for Tom Izzo. I’m hoping he ends up staying because If that job opened up, that’s one of the gigs I could see Porter being interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:37 am 

Brot, I think this will get done soon. If what we are all proposing here is happening, with upgrades all around the program, I have to imagine it takes some doing to get that all in place so all the parties involved are satisfied. Having worked for a giant corporation before even the smallest legal document needs to pass through quite a bit of bureaucracy before it actually gets finalized. So while we would like this to get done sooner rather than later we have to realize that Loyola is, essentially, a giant bureaucracy as well and these documents and proposals probably need to go through several people's hands before anything gets finalized. If we know anything as Ramblers fans it is patience, just have a little more here and I think our current situation will be resolved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:17 pm 

Thanx JOE !! You are correct re bureaucracy !! I had it at USS until a real BOSS saw what I was doing--He separated me gtom the rest and did say==BRITT just bring us the money !! Gave me a budget --told the rest to stay away from the MILITARY and away I went---That IS probably why I am so antsy re this !!
BTW ND just finalyzed a new deal for their Coach !!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:04 am 

ND had the advantage of not playing basketball for the last month.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:25 pm 

Loyola University Chicago Head Basketball Coach Porter Moser has been named as the HoopDirt.com DI Coach of the Year presented by Just Play Solutions for the 2017-18 college basketball season.

https://hoopdirt.com/hoopdirt-com-2017-18-di-coach-year-presented-just-play-solutions/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:35 pm 

Ho Hum !! Just another honor for our great Coach !! All while the UNIVERSITY Brass dithers !!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next