It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:23 am 

Silence is deafening......
I can't understand but assume something has to give before the Senior Bball dinner this Thursday??
I wish Watson reported directly to Dr. Rooney as we have all discussed here over the last few years....
Too many people in the middle... Just my totally in the dark, speculative and totally w/o knowledge opinion here.
FYI, Every day I still get congratulations from people that previously did not have an awareness of LU. Over the weekend I got feedback from folks that live in Nevada and Fla. that thought LU team and coach were very impressive to watch in the NCAA's
and asked if we have rewarded PM yet. They cannot believe this situation.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 am 

Wasn't the Basketball Banquet the occasion for his last contract deal to be announced ? Also if you have not attended one of the banquets ,think about it. It is very low key, great way to show support for the program, get to interact with the players and meet some neat people.(plus one hour open bar...)
http://www.loyolaramblers.com/news/2018 ... ath=mbball

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 am 

Ramblerguy wrote:
Silence is deafening...... .

Fortunately, silence works both ways in this scenario. I have not seen any coaching rumors linking porter to talks with any other school. All the coaching vacancies right now are schools that are in considerably worse situations than we are in, and I don’t think any of those schools are places he would want to go . It doesn’t look like there are any schools currently that are competing with us as we try to get this deal done.

My concern is that, undoubtedly, in recent months the NCAA has ramped up their investigations of major programs, and I fear a shoe could drop at any time at a school that Porter may have some interest in (e.g. Michigan State). Porters clean record and positive demeanor would make him an ideal quick fix for any program facing coaching termoil in the fallout of a scandle. If a major school suddenly finds themselves without a coach and we still don’t have a deal done - that’s when it’s time to hit the panic button. Until then, I guess we will have to just keep faith the administration is doing their due diligence.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am 

Last time I checked, Porter Moser was under contract. We renewed him last year when the team went 18-14. Everyone should get off the ledge. As most of you have noted, there are no great jobs open. With no impending threat, we can approach this in a rational manner. I believe that LU will work with Porter Moser to put together a nice compensation package and a plan to move the basketball program forward.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:44 pm 

You know what guys ?? I am NOT on a ledge--Actually I am becoming BORED !! Porter has done a magnificent job--IF certain "POWERS" cannot or will not see this and then rework his contract, it only ads to my boredom !!! This entire thing is now a disgrace !! I say BORING !! If this is NOT done by this week--I AM DONE !! Full blame on LUC TRUSTEES or whatever they are called !!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:49 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
You know what guys ?? I am NOT on a ledge--Actually I am becoming BORED !! Porter has done a magnificent job--IF certain "POWERS" cannot or will not see this and then rework his contract, it only ads to my boredom !!! This entire thing is now a disgrace !! I say BORING !! If this is NOT done by this week--I AM DONE !! Full blame on LUC TRUSTEES or whatever they are called !!

This feels like a ledge. Haha. I’m sure they are working on a deal. He’s still under contract. It’s gonna work out. Keep the faith. I’d rather it get done right than fast. He’s still going his job and working the recruiting. If you’re bored I would suggest watching highlights of our four tournament wins on YouTube Spoiler alert - they never get old.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:35 pm 

Sorry Ledo !! Close but NO cigar !! LUC has had days if not weeks to amend PM contract--BUT like for YEARS LUC delays and delays !!

I say again BORING !! PM has more integrity by far than those who are slow balling !!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:21 am 

Here's the latest: https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/por ... st-supper/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:41 am 

Well, i guess that answers our question about having something on the books by banquet time. I have a feeling no party is in a rush right now due to the fact that there are no big-time jobs out there right now for Porter to negotiate with. Barring something crazy, he's going to be back next year. My hope is that it takes a little bit more time, but when they make the announcement, included will be an announcement that they are increasing the basketball budget. Guess we've got a couple more weeks of waiting...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 am 

Porter is no rush. Let’s remember Tom Kelly approved his current contract. This is the guy who had zero clauses in Swoopes contract for behavior, ingaugement, buyouts, or penalties for breaking a contract basically the same one he gave Shane. There will be some big jobs open by the end of spring and Porter is in the drivers seat. He can leave whenever he wants, some contract Kelly approved huh. The only one who can get this done to keep him is Rooney and the board of trustees. This is Porter’s show now and rightfully so. He is directly responsible for at least 700m of free publicity. No one has ever done something like that for the university. Watson and Kelly need to check the egos at the door and just give it up to Rooney to handle. They work for Porter now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next