It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scheduling 2018/2019
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:53 pm 

lusuperfan wrote:
RamblinRicer wrote:

https://sports.yahoo.com/maryland-recei ... 57164.html

Not only is Turgeon going to be on the hot seat for not winning enough, but this could give Maryland impetus to fire him with cause and not pay him. Could be NC State all over again if this is supposed to be a home & home.

Baltimore would be a neutral site game, so my guess is this would be a one-off. Unless there’s a return game at a neutral site in Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:59 pm 

Quote:
Not only is Turgeon going to be on the hot seat for not winning enough, but this could give Maryland impetus to fire him with cause and not pay him.

For a brief moment there I honestly thought you were saying that scheduling the Ramblers was a fireable offense.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:16 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Quote:
Not only is Turgeon going to be on the hot seat for not winning enough, but this could give Maryland impetus to fire him with cause and not pay him.

For a brief moment there I honestly thought you were saying that scheduling the Ramblers was a fireable offense.

This is referring to the FBI investigation of their program, but I mean Oliver Purnell agreed to schedule us and got fired, Gottfried scheduled us and got fired...not saying we're not a catch, but it seems like scheduling Loyola is a kiss of death.

01grad wrote:
lusuperfan wrote:
RamblinRicer wrote:

https://sports.yahoo.com/maryland-recei ... 57164.html

Not only is Turgeon going to be on the hot seat for not winning enough, but this could give Maryland impetus to fire him with cause and not pay him. Could be NC State all over again if this is supposed to be a home & home.

Baltimore would be a neutral site game, so my guess is this would be a one-off. Unless there’s a return game at a neutral site in Chicago.

In all seriousness though, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to try to get a big time non-conference team like Maryland to come here by using the United Center as a "neutral site". Or even a home and home with a P5 team: once at their place and a return game at the United Center. I believe Gonzaga does a similar thing with the mid-sized arena in Spokane as their gym is a lot like Gentile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:07 pm 

The Rosemont Horizon/Allstate Arena could be booked for cheap, and isn't a bad place to play if you get more than 6000 in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:00 am 

Would be a perfect opportunity to jump back into the Loyola Double headers......Those doubleheaders at the old Stadium were the ticket to get in town.....oh and the Amphitheater!!! If a place could smell like gambling then it was the ampitheater...
But seriously, this might be the chance to get some great doubleheaders as part of home/home with other schools....lets roll the dice and gamble some of that Final 4 money.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 am 

Does anybody know whether DePaul has exclusive rights to play at Wintrust Arena, or could Loyola rent it out for marquee games?
I know the Chicago Sky women's pro team also plays there, but I wonder whether any other college team is allowed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:06 pm 

Maryland game is NOT a return game, rather it is for a guaranteed cash payment.
Probably December 22nd
St.Joseph game not yet finalized but it is projected to be a home and home with a tentative date of December 8th. Next year at the Norville.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:09 am 

Natey asks about double headers at U Center !!! Memories !! I recall the Tuesday and Saturday games at the STADIUM !! Jim Enright Bob Kurland of Okla A and M George Mikan DePewl along with Whitey Kahan {sp) Kentucky and yes Beloit for a couple of visits--they were good for a little while--Our own Jack Kerris UCLA
Indiana et al !! And OH YES !! I WAS A CHEERLEADER as a Frosh !! My Dolores sat with me next to the Court !!
Gosh we were good then !! in 1947 /8 !!!

Bring these games to the UC !!

YAY !! GO RAMBLERS !! And Thanks NATEY !!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 am 

I know people really wanted to see a major upgrade in our schedule this year, but I'm starting to think, for long-term, maybe the schedule we have so far is ideal. I'm assuming, if we are to see a bump in our ability to recruit, it's going to be the 2019 recruiting class. We have so much momentum going into this season coming off of our Final Four run, the most important thing might be to get as many WINS during early in the season, regardless of who they are against, with the hopes of guys' signing guys. I would hate to see us schedule a rough non-conference slate of games, lose, and have potential newcomers start to wonder if our Final Four run was a complete fluke.

I feel like as long as we're winning games early in the season, the buzz from our Final Four last year is going to keep us in the national conversation, regardless of who we beat. I'm really hoping that's the case.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 am 

So I think the schedule is complete if all the talk above is true.

Home:
UMKC (11/6)
Non D1 (always right before the MTE home games)
2 Fort Myers MTE home games (maybe Niagara and Grambling St.) (11/14 and 11/16)
Nevada (11/27)
Detroit
Norfolk State

Away:
@ Illinois Chicago (12/1 or 12/15?)
@ Maryland (in Baltimore) (12/22)
@ St. Joseph's (12/7)

Neutral:
v.s. Richmond in Fort Myers (11/19)
v.s. Boston College (11/21)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next