It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Satterwhite out
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:32 pm 

I also wish the best for Cam Satterwhite. But as Fr. Riordan said frequently, "The handwriting was on the wall." It appears to me that the coaches want four players on the perimeter who can be both a threat to drive or sink the three. Williamson and Skokna are, Cam was not a three point shooter. His percentage over two years was slightly over 25%.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:59 pm 

I disagree with previous post. I've seen Satterwhite in practice and he could pour in three pointers.... It seems to me that he was given more playing time only after he clearly accepted not putting up shots, but playing defense first and passing to others who had the green light. He has a huge wingspan and was developing defensive skills that PM wants to see first. His offensive skills still remain untapped, but I think they are in there. I hope he finds success elsewhere, but feel bad that it din't happen here, esp. within the framework of team play we seem to espouse.
I'll always remember the freethrows he hit in Gainesville..... Clutch and emotion filled.
Good luck Cam, good things will come for you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:47 pm 

In the past two years we’ve lost Satterwhite, Avery, Chastain, Kirby, and Rajala. This starting lineup would have won us the Horizon League... Crazy how much better we’ve gotten when you see this list and don’t even get bothered or worried.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:36 pm 

I think the way most teams play in this league was not a really great match for Satterwhite's game. He seems like more of a Mountain West, Pac 12, Big East, ACC type player, where offense is stressed more.

Good luck to him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:57 am 

I apologize if this has already been posted but I just saw an article written by Maurice Kirby about ten days ago.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... atches-fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
In the past two years we’ve lost Satterwhite, Avery, Chastain, Kirby, and Rajala. This starting lineup would have won us the Horizon League... Crazy how much better we’ve gotten when you see this list and don’t even get bothered or worried.

Winning the Horizon is definitely a bit optimistic haha. I feel like of talent lost Chastain was the one that could have had the most impact.

Avery and Satterwhite were similar in a lot of ways. Slasher types who could finish around the basket but didn't have much of a jump shot (Satterwhite was 15 for 59 from 3 and 52 for 138 total in two years...). I loved the flashes of his potential, but think a different level might be better for him. If he can work on his handles and improve his shot during his redshirt year he can be a pretty great player at the right level.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:29 am 

Ramblerguy wrote:
I've seen Satterwhite in practice and he could pour in three pointers....

I agree with your post overall, but I've seen a lot of guys look like Reggie Miller in practice who couldn't hit the broad side of the barn in a game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:00 am 

vuster4 wrote:
I just saw an article written by Maurice Kirby about ten days ago.

Mo is getting a masters in sports journalism. Reading this, I think he's in the right field.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 am 

Satterwhite committed to Northern Arizona. Best of luck to him.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:44 am 

Jbuchholz wrote:
Satterwhite committed to Northern Arizona. Best of luck to him.

Interestingly, a pretty heavy Chicago presence on the team. Last year's roster had 4 players with Chicago listed as their hometown. Finished a rough 5-27 overall but look to be returning a lot. Best of luck to Cam!