It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Patrick Schultz
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 am 

Bad decision made by 2 no talent fools. Bonaventure Steve and LDT. These 2 hillbillies were intimidated by Pat's talent and popularity. When you outrank someone you don't need to get better, you eliminate them. These 2 goofs don't have enough brain power combined to check a book out of a library! Loyola's basketball success is the result of Porter Moser and his staff!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:18 am 

From your post I know that "LDT" is a dumb, no talent, high-ranking Loyola hillbilly, but it would be helpful to know more--such as his/her name.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:57 am 

01grad wrote:
I’m not sure what’s pissed me off more: the way this apparently all went down, or that previous post by Mr 2 post Ramblin’Man. Pat’s a good man. Who has put more time into this program to try to make it better, in the worst of years over the last three decades, than almost anyone. This is likely a bad board to try and plant some flag to the contrary.

Edit: Especially from some poster whose only previous interaction with this board came 4 years ago posing as a Creighton-first person. Now posting this drive-by cheap-shot? As someone who also did grad school elsewhere: bite me.

This is a fair response; my initial post was not. I have absolutely no knowledge of how this all went down, but wish Pat the best going forward.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:56 pm 

I have a question. What was Pat Schultz’ position other than PA announcer? Is it a position that has been phased out, or are they hiring someone else for it? What were the job responsibilities and duties for the position? I was a student from 2002-2006 and remember seeing him around all the time, and I know he always at all the games. I also seem to remember there was an edict handed down by the University several years ago banning employees from posting on this board, and I think he was one the casualties of that. I remember his fandom running pretty deep, so there’s no way that he didn’t continue to lurk around the board even if he couldn’t post. If there was no severance I would assume there’s also no non-disclosure clause in any employment contract he may or may not have had. Can he not let us know the circumstances of the situation himself? There seems to be a lot of speculatipn behind what happened with absolutely no facts. It’s s shame we can’t get some simple answers to clear up the circumstances behind his departure.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:46 pm 

there lies the real problem.....no matter the circumstances short of something illegal...Pats dismissal deserved some attention. It really was an insult not only to Pat but to all the people with whom Pat had established relationships over the years, specifically those relationships that benefited LU because they kept us coming to LU games during the dark ages.
This specific Athletic Department has obviously done some notable things and made some great improvements but they botched this one. Also the AD is out of the office till the 25th.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:31 pm 

Agreed, nate/Sheldon.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:09 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
I have a question. What was Pat Schultz’ position other than PA announcer? Is it a position that has been phased out, or are they hiring someone else for it? What were the job responsibilities and duties for the position? I was a student from 2002-2006 and remember seeing him around all the time, and I know he always at all the games.

His profile is still on the Loyola Ramblers site. Associate Athletic Director of Corporate Partnerships. I know that during the Planek years Pat was I believe in charge of marketing and promotions for Athletics. I too was a student from '02 to '06 and saw him around a lot. Well.... '02 to '07. Lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Also the AD is out of the office till the 25th.

He is currently in Italy with the Loyola women's volleyball team.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:59 pm 

vuster4 wrote:
natetheskate wrote:
Also the AD is out of the office till the 25th.

He is currently in Italy with the Loyola women's volleyball team.

Did he bump any walk-ons from the trip, ala Grace Calhoun and the men's basketball team a few years ago?
If so I can recycle a whole bunch of posts expressing my moral outrage.

On edit: I came up with a new moral outrage angle for this trip. I just remembered that one member of the women's volleyball team happens to be...wait for it...the daughter of Steve Watson, Allison.

I guess having Loyola foot the bill for a nice family vacation for the Watson clan is money well spent, as opposed to paying a modest severance to a loyal 20+ year employee like Pat Schultz.

Last edited by swellafelon on Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:43 pm 

I'm very perplexed by a lot of posts on this thread. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why there are so many conclusions being drawn without any concrete facts.

What bothers me most is that we're all fans of Loyola, and as much as I understand sticking up for someone like Pat Schultz who everyone seemed to like, a lot of us are coming down hard on Loyola brass and the institution, itself, when we don't know all the background (or any of the background, really) behind the situation.

I have been very happy with how Loyola handled our Final Four run -- holding viewing parties across the country, promoting the school and campus, reaching out to alumni, etc. I've also been happy with everything the administration has done in the past few years to boost our profile -- joining the Valley, overhauling Gentile into an actual "college" basketball arena, building a new practice facility, retaining Porter as our coach for foreseeable future, etc. For so long we complained about John Planek being a do-nothing AD who never advanced our athletics department and essentially left us to rot at the bottom half of the Horizon League. Now, we have new, top-notch facilities, high caliber student athletes, a CBI championship, a conference regular season championship, a conference tournament championship, a broken NCAA drought streak, a Sweet 16 appearance, an Elite 8 appearance, a FINAL 4 appearance, an outstanding head coach and ambassador for our school - and for some reason we have decided to make fat jokes and accusations at our own program officials who must have had some positive contribution to achieving all the things we have achieved in the past few years. You don't get all those things accomplished unless you have at least semi-competent people steering the ship.

When Cam Satterwhite and Avery were going through troubles this year, most of us took the side of the program and attributed the problems to the players, themselves. I guess I'm just wondering why, in this situation, we don't give the program the benefit of the doubt? I don't pretend know anything about Loyola basketball from the inside -- the only things I know i gather from watching all the games and what i read on the web (including this message board). That being said, i like to have faith in the institution I cheer for and hope that they continuously make prudent decisions to sustain and advance the program's success. What i do know about the Pat Schultz situation is that, by our school's website's own listing, Schultz has been with the program in some capacity since the late 1980's. That's over thirty years. So that being said, i will admit that it's a bit peculiar that after such a long amount of time, the school moved on from him with absolutely no comment or commendation for his years of service. But I also think that Loyola is not stupid, and i'd hope that they had some legitimate reasons for how they handled the situation. I'm not claiming to know anything it, but, hypothetically, if a long-time employee made a mistake or needed to be let go, I would hope that the university would do him/her the courtesy of allowing them to walk away quietly and not tarnish the many years of service he/she gave to the program. I'm not saying this happened with Pat Schultz -- but do we know definitively that this is not the case? I haven't seen anything in this thread that indicates any wrongdoing by Schultz OR Loyola.

Regardless of what happened, i feel bad of anyone who loses their job... but we've come so far in the past few years and I hate to have our fans unload on our administration and program officials in the midst of such a great time for us all to be Loyola Ramblers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next