It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm 

Don't worry Nate. If anybody can parry my thrusts, it's LadyGreyBee.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:03 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
LadyGreyBee wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is if you want to influence who they hire, instead of issuing meaningless "challenges"?

Why do you assume that I have not already done so?

I figured you spent all of Sir Greybee's money on Cuba Libres and that cute Costa Rican pool boy. Sorry.

What I really objected to was your call for more women in the Athletic Department after the Grace Calhoun calamity.

Oh my dear Mr. 'felon, I still have a little of Sir Greybee's money left, and it was Panamanian Rum and Seco that I spent it on. But, alas there are no cute pool boys in Panama.

So, the entire Grace Calhoun calamity, was because she was a woman? Those poor men to whom she reported were powerless, poor lads!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:14 am 

In the Bucknell presser announcing the Truax hire, it states that he is pursuing a doctorate in education at Bowling Green. I find that curious. For one thing it isn't mentioned in his bio on the Rambler website. For another, his name isn't listed on Bowling Green's website as being currently enrolled in their Phd program for Higher Education Administration. https://www.bgsu.edu/education-and-huma ... dents.html.
Thirdly, it strains credulity to accept that someone with a high-level fulltime job, with a wife and three children, could simultaneously be pursuing a Phd from a university located hundreds of miles away.
Bowling Green does offer a second program leading to a doctorate in Education, Leadership Studies. I haven't been able, yet, to determine if Truax is currently enrolled in this program, and/or if it is offered online.

I will try to look into this further to determine if Truax, like our good friend Grace Calhoun, is not averse to padding resumes.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:10 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Cmon people....Lets play nice........one of the things that has always made this board a good place to hang out.....

Totally agree. No reason to turn on each other because of what happened to Pat.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:56 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
In the Bucknell presser announcing the Truax hire, it states that he is pursuing a doctorate in education at Bowling Green. I find that curious. For one thing it isn't mentioned in his bio on the Rambler website. For another, his name isn't listed on Bowling Green's website as being currently enrolled in their Phd program for Higher Education Administration. https://www.bgsu.edu/education-and-huma ... dents.html.
Thirdly, it strains credulity to accept that someone with a high-level fulltime job, with a wife and three children, could simultaneously be pursuing a Phd from a university located hundreds of miles away.
Bowling Green does offer a second program leading to a doctorate in Education, Leadership Studies. I haven't been able, yet, to determine if Truax is currently enrolled in this program, and/or if it is offered online.

I will try to look into this further to determine if Truax, like our good friend Grace Calhoun, is not averse to padding resumes.

Let us know what you find after you've finished. You don't really have anything to report until you nail something down. He could be in any number of education programs and it's unlikely that all of them will list all their students on their websites. Second, most graduate students in education are part time and many complete a lot of work on line. Loyola's president, for example, received an executive doctorate in education from Penn while she was the President of Spaulding University in Louisville. That program is designed for fully employed academic administrators. There are also large numbers of ABD (all but dissertation) doctoral students who complete their theses while working full time. Give the guy a break until all the facts are in.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:26 pm 

I did some more research. It appears that Truax was indeed enrolled in some type of academic program at Bowling Green from the fall of 2011 through the spring of 2015, but there is no indication that he has been enrolled there subsequently; i.e., during his entire tenure at Loyola.
So if he "is pursuing his doctorate in education at Bowling Green", he is doing it without benefit of being officially enrolled there for the past three years. I'll defer to Scream whether this is a common practice in higher education circles.

I guess the interpretation of whether Truax truly "is pursuing" a doctorate , as Bill Clinton famously said, "depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is."