It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Lucas Williamson
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:37 pm 

Obviously we knew about the ACL injury in high school, but it was my understanding that he had an injury at Loyola thst set hin back as far as getting into the rotation this past season. If I’m mistaken, please someone correct me, but that was my understanding. I know ACLs are serious injuries but also some players for whatever reason after an ACL seem to be susceptible subsequent injuries thereafter. Maybe it’s from psychologically favoring other parts of their bodies after an ACL. My hope is that’s not going to be the case with Negron and he will get a chance to play to his full potential this season.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:34 pm 

He injured himself during warmups before the UWM game. I do not know the specifics though.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm 

Meniscus while recovering from ACL. All that considered he still made it back a few weeks into the season before he had an ankle sprain before the Milwaukee game. By the time he was healthy we were in conference play and the rotation was kinda set.

A full healthy off season should do him wonders though. One rough year doesn’t make someone injury prone. I was really impressed with how his jumper developed (based on warm ups alone) over the course of the season. If he can hit that 12-15 feet out with any consistency we’ll be in great shape.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:46 pm 

The good thing about Negron is he is from the Chicago area and will be able to play in the summer leauess that will help his game more than playing in a college game.

The guy can sky. He has a very quick leap with long arms. His mid range game is fine from what I can see. He will be a little quicker than must 4 and 5':s in the MVC. He can move fairly well with the ball.

Not sure if he has three point range but will still be difficult to guard.

For the most part we played under the rim last year. Next year we are going to have plauers that will change that.