It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:35 pm 

Hedging my bet on who the mystery man is, I'm going to throw out the name Jordan Lathon, a 3 star shooting guard from Missouri who originally committed to Northwestern but was denied admission for some unknown reason, but probably not academics.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:43 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Hedging my bet on who the mystery man is, I'm going to throw out the name Jordan Lathon, a 3 star shooting guard from Missouri who originally committed to Northwestern but was denied admission for some unknown reason, but probably not academics.

I thought about that possibility when I first saw the news about NU revoking his admission. It’s tough to call it, though, without knowing why they wouldn’t let him in. So that’s a bold, yet tempting choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:51 pm 

Lathon already has offers from Oklahoma State, Wake Forest and Missouri....Also the issue, which has really just been speculation, seems to be an issue which would probably take him off Porters list.....Plus I doubt he would go to a school so close to NU after all the hubba bubba.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 pm 

Coach Mamon just followed Cashaw on Twitter.
The plot thickens...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:56 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Lathon already has offers from Oklahoma State, Wake Forest and Missouri....Also the issue, which has really just been speculation, seems to be an issue which would probably take him off Porters list.....Plus I doubt he would go to a school so close to NU after all the hubba bubba.

The first reason should be a reason why it would be an “eye opener”...the second reason is what we really don’t know...the third reason, meh, I could actually see that being a plus for us if he’s bitter at all at NU.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:02 pm 

I would guess an international player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:25 am 

A grad transfer maybe Dion Wiley of Maryland.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:23 pm 

A non Loyola source from a Loyola source said, "the player would be a real difference maker and would vault Loyola to top ten status". Was on campus Thursday.
Not worth much in terms of info but led me to believe they were talking about this upcoming season. We will see.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:06 pm 

From what Streak heard, it's gotta be a grad transfer who is eligible next year, or else a JUCO. No high school player who is still available could be expected to have such an immediate impact.

Reaching into my grab bag of wishes, I hope it's potential grad transfer John Konchar, a 6'5" shooting guard from IPFW out of West Chicago who is a real stud and a projected NBA draft pick.

Absolutely no supporting evidence, but the logic of him transferring to Loyola is compelling.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:58 pm 

I can't imagine there's a juco or grad transfer that puts us in that elite company either, so who knows at this point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next