It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:28 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
I can't imagine there's a juco or grad transfer that puts us in that elite company either, so who knows at this point.

True. So the only thing we can do at this point is keep speculating and throwing out random names with no basis in fact.
I know that's what I'm going to do!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:04 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
I can't imagine there's a juco or grad transfer that puts us in that elite company either, so who knows at this point.

True. So the only thing we can do at this point is keep speculating and throwing out random names with no basis in fact.

Kyrie Irving would do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:25 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

Lebron wants out of Cleveland, maybe he wants to finally experience college life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:25 pm 

Stanford F Reid Travis recently decided to come back to college and be a grad transfer instead of staying in the NBA draft. Many have him going to Kentucky. Long, long shot, but he would definitely raise eyebrows and vault us up the rankings.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:02 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

It'd be really cool if Uncle Drew can slip by our compliance department.

01grad wrote:
Stanford F Reid Travis recently decided to come back to college and be a grad transfer instead of staying in the NBA draft. Many have him going to Kentucky. Long, long shot, but he would definitely raise eyebrows and vault us up the rankings.

I think Duke and Villanova are probably more likely landing spots than Kentucky. Travis was recruited to Stanford by Johnny Dawkins plus Duke is a step up in basketball and way more comparable of an education to Stanford than Kentucky. He's also from the East Coast and I think he has some family ties to Villanova, so they might be in play too. Either way, if we land him, it'll be a recruiting coup that will definitely vault us in the top 10.

I'm really skeptical about that Top 10 expectation is probably an oversell of whoever is going to come in. In addition to the dearth of gamebreakers available this late in the recruiting period, you also have to realize that we're already really set in the paint (Krutwig) and running the point (Custer). A new player in either of those positions like Travis might not have the impact we would think because they could dilute those two's playing time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:09 pm 

lusuperfan wrote:

01grad wrote:

I think Duke and Villanova are probably more likely landing spots than Kentucky. Travis was recruited to Stanford by Johnny Dawkins plus Duke is a step up in basketball and way more comparable of an education to Stanford than Kentucky. He's also from the East Coast and I think he has some family ties to Villanova, so they might be in play too. Either way, if we land him, it'll be a recruiting coup that will definitely vault us in the top 10.

I'm really skeptical about that Top 10 expectation is probably an oversell of whoever is going to come in. In addition to the dearth of gamebreakers available this late in the recruiting period, you also have to realize that we're already really set in the paint (Krutwig) and running the point (Custer). A new player in either of those positions like Travis might not have the impact we would think because they could dilute those two's playing time.

unless someone like Travis (again, huge long shot) would play more as a wing to try and make his game more NBA compatible for his size. We run the perfect style offense for someone looking to do that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:14 pm 

01grad wrote:
lusuperfan wrote:

01grad wrote:

unless someone like Travis (again, huge long shot) would play more as a wing to try and make his game more NBA compatible for his size. We run the perfect style offense for someone looking to do that

Not out of the question but 1.) I do too think it's unlikely and 2.) if he's going to try to make his game more NBA compatible, he'll probably want do it against more NBA level competition in a power conference rather than the Valley.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:33 pm 

lusuperfan wrote:
Not out of the question but 1.) I do too think it's unlikely and 2.) if he's going to try to make his game more NBA compatible, he'll probably want do it against more NBA level competition in a power conference rather than the Valley.

All true, but...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:08 pm 

jim wrote:
A grad transfer maybe Dion Wiley of Maryland.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:30 am 

lusuperfan wrote:
jim wrote:
A grad transfer maybe Dion Wiley of Maryland.

I’m guessing this guy the player who was the rumor and we ended up missing out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next