It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:22 am 

Add Matt Gordon and Bryan Mullins to the list of those following Connor Cashaw on Twitter. That makes all Rambler assistants on board.
Maybe Connor is just working out at Gentile this summer. Or maybe it's what I'm hoping for. Time will tell.
Also recently following Cashaw on Twitter is a Creighton basketball recruiting site.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:29 am 

A source confirmed that the Ramblers have offered Cashaw but indicated he hasn't made a decision yet.
It looks like we have some late-arriving competition. Creighton coach Greg McDermott just followed Cashaw on Twitter (right after Ramblermania's own ahunte1 did), and Cashaw followed McDermott in return. Creighton has one available scholarship.
It looks like Connor is a last-minute insurance policy type of recruit for Creighton in case their top priority, A.J. Lawton of Canada commits elsewhere. Contrast this with Loyola's level of interest which began when Connor was still in high school.

If I was Connor I'd also be concerned that McDermott might leave Creighton for the Michigan job (if Beilein is hired by the Pistons), as has been rumored.

Creighton may be in the Big East, but it's no Villanova. Jerry Palm's Bracketology has Creighton failing to make the NCAA Tournament next year, while he has the Ramblers as a solid 6th seed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:27 am 

Beilien signed an extension with Michigan.Staying put..... I like the edge we get of being close to home . Originally when we started to throw this mystery recruit around sounded like it was a done deal.....thought we were just waiting on admissions. So do we have some one that we just cannot announce yet or are we just in recruiting battles to fill our last spot?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:28 am 

Beilein said yesterday that he’s not taking the Pistons job. He interviewed, but UM apparently that was leverage to get UM to modify his contract

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 am 

Nate,
Cashaw IS the "mystery piece" mentioned in the Pat Forde article 01Grad quoted. I just happened to deduce his identity through my superior reasoning powers.

Don't know of anyone else we're recruiting for the 2018 class.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:48 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Creighton coach Greg McDermott just followed Cashaw on Twitter (right after Ramblermania's own ahunte1 did)

Take that, McDermott!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 am 

1. So does the Creighton talk mean Cashaw no longer a lock?
2. Found another CC connection http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... story.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:05 am 

I don't think anybody said the "mystery piece" recruit was a lock. The Forde article qualified it with a "maybe".
But I sure hope Cashaw becomes a Rambler. He fits perfectly in our offensive scheme. He can drive, hit his threes at a high percentage, and is a great rebounder for his size. Plus he's a solid citizen and an excellent student.
If he wants to experience the excitement of the NCAA Tournament like his buddy Jalen Brunson, he should play the percentages and choose the Ramblers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 am 

Would Cashaw be eligible to play this year?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:33 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
Would Cashaw be eligible to play this year?

I am assuming (and it's admittedly a big assumption) that he graduated from Rice in three years and wouldn't have to sit out a year as a grad transfer.
The "raise eyebrows" language in the Forde article and Streak's source saying how impactful the recruit would be next year ("Top Ten") suggests that he is eligible to play immediately.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next