It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Season Tickets
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 am 

I'm surprised no one had more to say about this...

I personally was very surprised that the price in the "maroon section" only went up $30 per seat. I was expecting them to go up significantly more than this.

For those of you who enjoy doing research....I think it would be interesting to see how our season ticket price ($300/seat) compares to the rest of our conference mates.

Another thing that I thought was good news was how few season tickets are even available. I have 3 tickets in 109 and inquired about adding a 4th. I was informed that not only are there no seats available right around my seats...but there are no seats available anywhere in that section. I would think that that alone would cause a larger increase in tickets than $30 a seat.

Certainly the argument for NOT increasing tickets is that besides one game last season, we haven't proven that we can fill the gym on a nightly basis.

Just my thoughts

Post subject: Re: Season Tickets
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 am 

I think they realized that the big hike after the 2011 redesign contributed to a lot of people being priced out of the lower section. It's not always the most important thing to get a small extra margin of revenue if you're driving people away long term, and the empty stands begin to affect winning percentage and game-day atmosphere for the long haul.

I looked up the published season ticket prices from the Wayback Machine.

Floor Seats went from $250 in 2009-10 to $750 each in 2013-14.
Chairbacks went from $180 in 2009-10 to $300 each in 2013-14.
Courtside Bleachers were $120 in 2009-10, and their equivalent (now a chairback) in 2013-14 was $300.
Upper Bleachers/General Admission went from $100 per seat in 2009-10 to $230 in the end zone chairbacks and $160 in the end zone bleachers in 2013-14.

Going from memory, the Gentile Center prices were pretty much the same from about 2000 to 2010. I think courtside bleachers were about $15-20 a ticket (?) and I'm pretty sure the upper bleachers/GA was $10. In 2013, game day individual tickets were $30 for what would be Chairbacks/Courtside bleachers in the old configuration. Maroon seats (bleachers on the sidelines and chairbacks in the end zones) were $27 each, and GA (upper bleachers in the end zone) were $20.

Were tickets underpriced in the old Gentile? Maybe. Probably. Especially when Butler or the stray P5 team would come to town. But when the team boosted ticket prices in the new Gentile and went 1-17 in the Horizon in Porter's first year and 5-11 in a Horizon without Butler the next season, the tickets were way overpriced. They became a better deal when we joined the MVC, but a lot of people had fallen off the season ticket rolls by then. Individual seats at $30 were a terrible deal to see Eureka, Rockhurst, Western Illinois, Jackson State, Southern Utah, Abilene Christian, McKendree, Indiana Northwest, Norfolk State, and Alcorn State.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:31 pm 

Prices didn’t go up too much. But if the current Seating Chart online is correct, it looks like the have added a lot more seats to the maroon and gold sections. Student Section is back behind the basket, and the only GA seats are behind the opposite basket.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:37 pm 

Krsos wrote:
Prices didn’t go up too much. But if the current Seating Chart online is correct, it looks like the have added a lot more seats to the maroon and gold sections. Student Section is back behind the basket, and the only GA seats are behind the opposite basket.

That's not correct. Here's the current seating chart:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:47 pm 

Weird the ticket site must have old maps up. I hope yours is right, I enjoy the student section where it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:05 pm 

Krsos wrote:
Weird the ticket site must have old maps up. I hope yours is right, I enjoy the student section where it is.

Yeah - this is from the department email about ticket renewals this week.

Quote:
A few changes have also been made to the Gentile Arena seating chart. The names of the price levels have been updated to accurately reflect the seat type in each section, and a fourth price level has been added. In addition, the seats that were previously general admission in the upper level are now reserved (Baseline Bleacher). Our hope is reserved seating will limit confusion and increase the fan experience for our supporters in these sections.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:50 pm 

Yeah it looks like the student section will remain where it was this past year, which is good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm 

Season ticket sales seem to be going well. Talked to the ticket office today they said nothing is left in the lower bowl.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:25 pm 

That's great. I don't know how many seats are held back for families and opponents, but that probably represents 800-900 tickets.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:48 am 

A few weeks back I heard that between season ticket holders (from last year) and people who put down the deposit it represented over 1000 seats!