It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Class of 2021
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:33 pm 

Recruiting for 2021 will be interesting to watch. We talk about whether next season will happen or start on time, but whether summer leagues happen or not could have a huge impact on recruiting. Kids who might normally break out during the summer and land big offers might slip under the radar of bigger conferences.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:57 am 

If no AAU this summer definitely going to be fewer signings in November. Prospects will wait to sign in the spring and will try to build up their resume through their play their senior year. (Assuming, God willing, they get to play their senior year.) Schools will also have a reason to wait on signing prospects. I could actually imagine some prospects playing AAU ball the summer after graduation to give schools the opportunity to evaluate them against top notch competition. This is unusual nowadays.
The situation might result in players staying closer to home, as out-of-town coaches will have a harder time scouting prospects playing high school ball.
Also, this puts an additional premium on players producing quality highlight tapes, as that might be a major way they are evaluated.
Will be a lot more recruiting misses as a result of the lockdown.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:58 pm 

Damezi Anderson from Indiana just committed. Sit one play two.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_oBx3GjKHZ/

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:30 am 

Jermaine Kimbrough just followed this guy on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/ThorBjornsson_

I don't know what class he's in or what position he plays, so I arbitrarily stuck him in this thread. (Admittedly he does look a bit older and more physically mature than the typical high school junior. Looks like a power forward to me.)
It appears Porter may have taken to heart JCT's plea that the Ramblers sign an "enforcer" to retaliate when opponents like Bradley attempt to push us around!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:36 pm 

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/bask ... la-chicago

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:14 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:33 pm 

He has a 21 minute highlight tape on YouTube from this past season. Definitely a lot to like there.

Current other offer per Verbal Commits include: UIC, IUPUI, UC-Riverside, and Robert Morris. Read elsewhere he'd taken visits to Butler and Bradley as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:04 am 

Could he be a 2 sporter? I think he played 3 years of varsity volleyball . Have we had any athletes competing in two sports other than track/Cross Country guys?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:47 am 

natetheskate wrote:
Could he be a 2 sporter? I think he played 3 years of varsity volleyball . Have we had any athletes competing in two sports other than track/Cross Country guys?

I highly doubt he plays both basketball and volleyball. Volleyball games usually start the first week of January. Since the seasons overlap so much, I can't imagine Porter being happy with anyone splitting their time and attention between two sports while basketball is footing the scholarship bill.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:30 pm 

natetheskate wrote:

We had one men's volleyball player who transferred to IPFW (if memory serves) and became their basketball team's starting center....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 59  Next