It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Porter's Quack It?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:13 am 

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, and now it has. A Rambler recruit recently mistook the Porter's Jacket Twitter account for the official Porter Moser Twitter account.

Destin Whitaker went on an unofficial visit to Loyola this week. He later posted a photo of himself with Coach Gordon and Coach Mamon with the caption: "Great visit at Loyola University I would like to thank @PortersJacket for having me!! #GoRamblers".
https://mobile.twitter.com/i_b_ballin22

I think the obvious thing to do next is for Porter's Jacket to tweet out an offer to young Mr. Whitaker to see what further hilarious mayhem ensues.

Post subject: Re: Porter's Quack It?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am 

Don't get me wrong. I am a BIG BIG fan of Porter's Jacket. I love all their hard work and relentless optimism. They are a huge asset to Rambler basketball!

But I think they might want to consider adding a discreet disclaimer to their account advising newbies that they are not associated with the REAL Porter Moser. This fact should be obvious to any careful reader, but some casual users might get the wrong impression, as Destin did.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:03 am 

Probably not a bad idea since, from what I have read, Twitter stuff could also be construed as violations depending on what is said and to whom.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:47 pm 

BigJoe1963 wrote:
Probably not a bad idea since, from what I have read, Twitter stuff could also be construed as violations depending on what is said and to whom.

I’ve always wondered about the potential recruiting violation aspect as well. But it’s so pervasive in the Twitter universe now that I think the toothpaste has already left the tube in terms of NCAA trying to do anything stop it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 am 

As G. Dub famously put it: "Mission Accomplished". Porter's Jacket added a nice little disclaimer on their Twitter Account.

The fact that somebody actually acted on my totally unsolicited advise has got me thinking. Maybe there's some money to be made in the advise racket. I could call myself "Suasionfelon" and, for a fee, dish out personal advise. I know about as much as the next guy, and what I don't know I can make up.
I'd like to test this out here, for free. If anybody (ahunte1 or GoRamblers, for instance) has a question or problem they want Suasionfelon's advise on, now's your chance.
Just address your question to "Dear Suasionfelon" on this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 am 

Swella seems like he has the education, personality, training and temperament to be The King of Frivolous/Nuisance/Vexatious Lawsuits.

(See Pearson v. Chung, Washington v. Alaimo, Liebeck v. McDonald's, Trump v. Chicago Tribune, etc.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:27 pm 

Thanks for the compliment JCT but nowadays I'm actually more an officious intermeddler than a vexatious litigant.
It saves on filing fees.

I did love the Motion To Kiss My Ass though.