It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:15 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
Loyola has a connection with Nick Robinson. Coach Mamon was his coach on his AAU team Meanstreets.

Robinson to Valpo

Really wanted this kid. Too bad. Valpo is going to be stacked in '19-'20.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:20 pm 

Absolutely stacked Junior class for Valpo if he gets a hardship transfer and is eligible right away. A lot like southern was last year. Much like southern though their cupboard could be completely dry with 8 players in one class... some say we lose a lot but i don't think we've ever lost that much at once.

Kinda bummed because Robinson would be a great get; that said who knows if we even offered. And ultimately i'd rather try and get two from the 19 class of players anyway; for balancing purposes and keeps the Shannon pipe dream alive while allowing us to go at other local talent like Gordon, Welch, Newman, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:52 pm 

There really wasn't any obvious signs that we were even recruiting Robinson. I agree with Blers that Porter is focused on the Class of 2019 and doesn't want to burn a scholarship on any sit one play x player. As a corrolary to this, he would sign a grad transfer.

On a totally unrelated note, Lebron James Jr. just followed Isaiah Bujdoso on Twitter. I am trying to read the Twitter tea leaves to figure out what that's all about.
It does give me a great opportunity though to weave a complicated conspiracy tale and make outlandish predictions!

Last edited by swellafelon on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:39 pm 

Breaking...pending confirmation: Porter Moser to coach LA Lakers next season!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:55 pm 

Breaking...pending confirmation: Eighth grader Lebron James Jr. decides to skip high school entirely and enroll at Loyola Chicago under its newly created Very Early Enrollment for Basketball Prodigies Program. Will have 8 years eligibilty remaining.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:34 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Breaking...pending confirmation: Eighth grader Lebron James Jr. decides to skip high school entirely and enroll at Loyola Chicago under its newly created Very Early Enrollment for Basketball Prodigies Program. Will have 8 years eligibilty remaining.

Hey when I was in school there was a 9 or 10 year old kid who enrolled, so there is precedent. Make it happen, Porter!