It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Golf Outing/ Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:51 am 

Golf Outing coming up..Next Friday....Again I am going to put a plug in....You do not have to be a golfer....you can just come for drinks and dinner . Save yourself the aggravation of playing golf! It is at Harborside....a really cool venue....with a huge patio overlooking the course...where you can hob nob with all the LU athletic staff that do not play....then there is a great silent auction that I am guessing will have a lot of Final Four stuff but there is usually a lot of Cub, Sox Bears stuff as well.......Then Coach talks etc.......
Anyway...any questions you want me to ask anybody?
Also this year my group plans on winning...We lost to Custers group by 1 last year....I think they had a ringer in there!!! or he hit a 3 pointer on the last hole,,,I forget.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:34 am 

Here's a link, with a phone number and email address for questions, and an online registration link:

http://loyolaramblers.com/news/2018/5/1 ... ust-3.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:13 pm 

Any reports from the golf outing? I wish I could’ve made it, but I was duck hooking in spirit down here in Springfield.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:13 pm 

Our freshman point guard has a sprained ankle....apparently nothing of consequence other than it is what it is...
Milton Doyle is playing in Spain in their top league....Nets wanted him back but would not give him the contract he wanted....They wanted him back in the D League......Donte signed with someone but I forget who.....I think it will be D league ball.......Still pushing getting attendance up.....and supporting the finance of the new practice facility....Was some great Final Four Swag....Sister Jean turned 99 and got a nice cake....They raffleled off Sister Jean socks!!!! who knew? Lots of fun...but I played like crap....the beer helped

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:25 pm 

Thanks for the update Nate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:12 am 

Thanks Nate! You just saved me the money of going!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:08 am 

couple of other items....The Womens basketball team showed up Big time......Did a great job and were great kids....everyone who can should make an attempt to go see them play this year....I recognized one Mens player....Jake Baughman and maybe Cooper,,,the new guy....All the assistant coaches were there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 am 

Nate, Did they sell all the golf slots? Should be at least 160 spots for the 2 courses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 am 

No, they filled one course......turned away some people for the 2nd course....because you would have to have reserved the whole course...for just a few groups. It was brought up by AD Watson that the goal for next year is to fill both courses and they plan to be back at Harborside...The Dining area was absolutely full.....They also emphasized that they really want to see an increase in attendance....we were last in the MVC in attendance again last year.
Habits are hard to break...but I feel like the fan base expects a lot ....but sometimes also feel like we do not do our part in supporting the program. It was also evident , as they had pictures of the new practice facility, that they still need financial support.. My gut tells me that the U gave them the go ahead and committed some cash but that the Athletic Department might be holding the rest of the bill....and money not donated will come out of the athletic department budget,,,,That is total speculation on my part. But I guess my point is that if we want to be this consistent major player in DI bball then we, as a fan base, need to step up as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 am 

natetheskate wrote:
No, they filled one course......turned away some people for the 2nd course....because you would have to have reserved the whole course...for just a few groups. It was brought up by AD Watson that the goal for next year is to fill both courses and they plan to be back at Harborside...The Dining area was absolutely full.....They also emphasized that they really want to see an increase in attendance....we were last in the MVC in attendance again last year.
Habits are hard to break...but I feel like the fan base expects a lot ....but sometimes also feel like we do not do our part in supporting the program. It was also evident , as they had pictures of the new practice facility, that they still need financial support.. My gut tells me that the U gave them the go ahead and committed some cash but that the Athletic Department might be holding the rest of the bill....and money not donated will come out of the athletic department budget,,,,That is total speculation on my part. But I guess my point is that if we want to be this consistent major player in DI bball then we, as a fan base, need to step up as well.

Related to attendance, is there a set date for individual tickets going on sale?