It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:38 am 

I guess maybe if players and coaches or the visiting team don't use some tickets, those could go on sale for an individual game. Just speculating.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:49 pm 

Jbuchholz wrote:
There will be new concessions and there will be beer. You didn't hear it from me, but it's happening.

You were right! For all those wanting beer, according to this release it will be available:

https://loyolaramblers.com/news/2018/8/27/general-loyola-limited-chosen-as-new-concessionaire-for-ramblers-athletics-contests.aspx

With the non-conference schedule out, I'll say my expectations are, given no significant injuries, 10-3 in the non-conference portion with a top 2 finish in the Valley regular season and a finals appearance at Arch Madness.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:40 pm 

Fantastic news!!! I'm not convinced the concessions will be that much better than in past years... but I know that they wouldn't have been better if they stuck with the same organization again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:45 pm 

Robbie Aces wrote:
Fantastic news!!! I'm not convinced the concessions will be that much better than in past years... but I know that they wouldn't have been better if they stuck with the same organization again.

It will be similar in that it will be mostly snack foods, but there will be more than a couple new food items.

Last edited by Jbuchholz on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:54 pm 

Jbuchholz wrote:
Robbie Aces wrote:

It will be similar in that it will be misty snack foods, but there will be more than a couple new food items.

What they serve hasn’t been as much of an issue as much as how fast they’ve served it. If that improves, it’ll be huge. They took cards last year, at least at one of the concession stands did, so I’m not sure if it was that, or just not enough concession stands.

Last edited by 01grad on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:55 pm 

01grad wrote:
Jbuchholz wrote:
Robbie Aces wrote:

It will be similar in that it will be misty snack foods, but there will be more than a couple new food items.

What they serve hasn’t been as much of an issue as much as how fast they’re able to serve it. If that improves, it’ll be huge.

Absolutely. The service was glacial. That has to improve big time if we are expecting two or three times as many people at games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:27 pm 

Speed was by far the biggest issue! It was also incredibly common for them to run out of product.

Definitely something to look forward to.