It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: GUTLESS !!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:32 pm 

Very fair article on CBS,COM The author treats Moser and LUC FAIRLY ! My peronal take is the author did not name na,es so much---My opinion is that the following schools are GUTLESS===*ILLINOIS DEPEWL NOTRE DAME MARQUETTE plus NW What a Chicago attraction these games against RAMBLERS would be !!!

My solution might be for us to WIN thge VALLEY again and then to move to the BIG EAST

You guys are better informed than I am !! So please comment !! Thanks !!!

Post subject: Re: GUTLESS !!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:17 pm 

Here's a link to the article:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -ramblers/

One small correction: Temple is in the American, not the A-10 anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:45 pm 

Great find. This narrative needs to be repeated over, and over, and over.

Coincidentally, I was at the gym tonight (reminder note: not in Chicago) and my ears perked up when a few people on treadmills in front of me started discussing college basketball, scheduling, and specifically mentioned, in detail, NC State chickening out and buying out a game against us last year. It was almost an out of body experience of discussions we had here a year ago. Or it could’ve been the lack of oxygen from being on the elliptical machine too long. But, either way, I think people are noticing. Somethings going to change soon, one way or the other.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:28 am 

I like his quote about buying the best teams possible. Getting Furman was slick.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:26 am 

Great article... It'll be interesting to see how the game will evolve in the next 5-10 years. Looking up from here it sure is obvious that change is necessary. But the big boys probably love it and think that the system is perfect. That's a bad combination if you ask me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:43 am 

All things considered, Porter and Loyola did a great job on this year's schedule. When all schedules are released and everybody knows who is playing who, you'll see that Loyola's non-con schedule is better than about 55-70% of P5/Big East/American teams.

You won't find ANY P5 teams playing as many really good mid-major teams like St. Joes, Furman, Richmond, and Ball State. These are all teams that are likely to finish in the 70-150 range, making them dangerous and better than average teams. I would not be surprised, and almost expect us to go 3-1 against this group. You can add in Boston College as a team that will be near the top of this group, if we end up playing them, and Wyoming would be somewhere around 110 or so.

Nevada and Maryland are going to be in the top 10 and top 50 respectively.

That's 7 teams in the top 150 that Loyola will play among their 13 possible games. UIC could also make it into the top 150 with a good season. UMKC also has an outside chance with a young lineup.

Many P5s will rely only on the Q1 games they get from their own conference. Maybe they get one or two games against the top 25, but they're played mostly at neutral courts.

The way I figure it, our non-con schedule has 2 Q1s, 2 Q2s, 4 Q3s, and 4 Q4s. That's pretty solid. We should also get a Q1 at ISU. We might again end up having the most Q2 games of any team in the country.... like we did last year. Home against ISU, home and road against SIU, and road games against Bradley, Valpo, and UNI should be Q2 games, plus games in St. Louis.

We'll just need to make the case by winning them all, I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:31 pm 

I also believe the powers that be actually WANT to see us back in the tournament this year, and unlike last year, there are going to be far less people trying to give reasons why we shouldn’t be included. We just need to do our part and win as many games on our schedule as possible. Every game on our schedule is winnable this year. We just need to avoid injuries, get our team chemistry back together this year EARLY, and we are capable of having another great season.