It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:44 am 

Pretty sure his dad went to Loyola.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:05 am 

:shock:

From the Sun Times

Quote:
Jeremiah Williams’ rise
Simeon’s Ahamad Bynum is hot. He’s a dynamic shot maker, though it can come at the expense of the team at times. But sometimes when you have a player who can do what Bynum is capable of doing, you have to extend a little extra leash and let him go get his 25 or 30 points.

The 6-1 junior guard scored 25 in the city semifinal win over Curie and poured in 22 points in the title game win over Morgan Park.

But Jeremiah Williams is playing terrific basketball, and it’s easy to see the impact he has on this Simeon team.

The 6-4 Williams is an absolute Swiss Army knife for the Wolverines. He can score the basketball when needed, handle the ball, rebound, block a shot, defend multiple positions with his length and agility and provide hustle plays.

What’s particularly puzzling is his recruitment. Williams has had and continues to receive some legit mid-major interest. But there should be more. This should be a high priority recruit for every mid-major to mid-major plus program with a scholarship open and a need for a perimeter player.

It'd be nice to get another Simeon guy on the team. I think in an ideal world the team always has someone from one of Simeon, WY, Curie, Marshall, Morgan Park etc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:12 am 

He may have been there to watch his teammate from last year, Antonio Reeves on ISU.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:20 am 

Jbuchholz wrote:
He may have been there to watch his teammate from last year, Antonio Reeves on ISU.

They were never on the team together actually. This is Williams first year at Simeon after transferring from St. Laurence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:35 am 

just going ,,,based on what Verbal Commits says ....which is
HS2020
Commits: 2
Spots Left: -1
Open Offers: 0

not that they have not been wrong before....makes you wonder ..where the dis-connect is?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:37 am 

jmiller2794 wrote:
Jbuchholz wrote:

They were never on the team together actually. This is Williams first year at Simeon after transferring from St. Laurence

I need to get better at identifying recruits. He was sitting right in front of me. Seemed like a very nice kid based on my observations of his interactions with a little girl who I presume was his sister. Also, Donte Ingram's dad was there and sat with him for a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:38 am 

natetheskate wrote:
HS2020

not that they have not been wrong before....makes you wonder ..where the dis-connect is?

The disconnect is that they don't know that Hutson is walking on next year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:51 am 

natetheskate wrote:
HS2020

Nate, if I am able to crawl inside your brain, I'm guessing you think "Spots left: -1" means we have one position/scholarship to fill. What it really means is we are one OVER. If we had one scholarship left it would say "Spots Left: +1".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:56 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
natetheskate wrote:
HS2020

The disconnect is that they don't know that Hutson is walking on next year.

Even then that leaves us at 0.
However, there's a huge logjam at the perimeter next year. Maybe Porter expects a transfer? Although I imagine giving that scholarship to Williams would be tough for Hutson to swallow. But we're clearly in the hunt so something must be up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:05 pm 

The Jeremiah Williams visit raises a host of issues.
While I've been touting him on Ramblermania for a year and a half, before he had any offers (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2492&p=27606&hilit=Jeremiah#p27606), and would love to see him in a Rambler uniform, I too fear this is a signal we might lose one or more players to transfer.

I read somewhere that the NCAA was considering eliminating the "sit one" rule for first-time transfers, to be effective next year. What I fear most is a P5 school poaching Kennedy.
Even if no changes in NCAA transfer rules, Wojcik or Welch might consider transferring for more playing time, and Hall and Uguak would presumably be immediately eligible as grad transfers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next