It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:26 pm 

Baylor Hebb and Jacob Hutson were both in for visits this weekend.

Hebb recently cracked the top 50 shooting guards in the country via rivals, ranks 36th in the country. He needs to add weight but looks like a great offensive player that can score at all 3 level. Lots of video of him for him. Really like his pull up jumper.

Hutson meanwhile seems like the ideal mid major big. Not the most athletic but so fundamentally sound. If he doesn't commit to LU I wouldn't be shocked to see him commit to UNI after his visit there next weekend. Seems like the ideal big for their system.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:35 pm 

Blers wrote:
Hutson meanwhile seems like the ideal mid major big. Not the most athletic but so fundamentally sound. If he doesn't commit to LU I wouldn't be shocked to see him commit to UNI after his visit there next weekend. Seems like the ideal big for their system.

UNI is very good developing those mid-major bigs, but they usually have to redshirt or sit on the bench for their first couple of years. Sometimes they don't get 20 minutes a game until their junior year. He'd probably play more minutes, and sooner, at Loyola. I guess some of that depends on Agunanne's development.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:22 pm 

JCT wrote:
Blers wrote:

UNI is very good developing those mid-major bigs, but they usually have to redshirt or sit on the bench for their first couple of years. Sometimes they don't get 20 minutes a game until their junior year. He'd probably play more minutes, and sooner, at Loyola. I guess some of that depends on Agunanne's development.

Definitely agree, but hard to say this year with UNI; they're recruiting strategies seem to have changed a bit the last two years. They will graduate both of their 5's in McDonnell and Dahl (Dahl is the only player listed as a center) this year. Other than that they have Phyfe who'll be a senior when Hutson is a freshman (whereas he'd be with Krutwig and Agunanne for his freshman year).

Worth noting though we've got a really good streak of players at the 5 having success here (regardless of size).

15-16: Montel James second team all valley
16-17: Aundre Jackson 6th man (argue about his position all you want, he played at the five spot)
17-18: Krutwig FotY
18-19: Krutwig first team, and a good chance he's Preseason player of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:56 am 

Hebb committed this morning per his Twitter account.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 am 

Big fan of this addition. He's got great handles and has such a pretty shot off the dribble.

A lot of Clayton Custer in his game. Also solidifies a plethora of high level shooting options moving forward; with Norris, Wojcik, Hebb, and Kaifes eligible for 3 years together.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:42 am 

He has a really impressive offer list and his film really shows his ability to drive and create his own shot. Great pickup!

Interested to see what happens with the rest of the outstanding offers--would we accept another commitment and just assume someone will transfer? Or do we shut it down until a transfer is confirmed?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:32 pm 

Clayton Custer with a little Pete Maravich mixed in

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:48 pm 

Here's a 12 minute video of an AAU game which gives a pretty good idea of what Hebbs is about. His team beat a team loaded with a bunch of D1 prospects including Jakobe Coles who we also offered.

http://ballislife.com/baby-faced-assass ... as-titans/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:26 pm 

Super minor but cool thing I noted too:

This weekend was when our team does their Misericordia service day. I assume (correct me if I’m wrong) Hutson and Hebb tagged along for this. Pretty cool if he committed after this weekend and had any participation in the service, indicates some good jesuit character.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:38 pm 

I would have to think that with our only available scholarship gone now, Porter shifts his 2020 recruiting strategy to a JUCO focus and tries to get in early with some of the top talent. Continuing to recruit the 2020 high school class seems like a waste at this point and probably sends the wrong message to the current team.

I like Webb, but he will need to bulk up a bit, and I’m afraid he might be a liability on defense. That drive and pull up for a shot ability does have a Custer feel to it.

We are going to be a FAST team next year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next