It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:10 pm 

Don't think Loyola was ever really in on him, Ahron Ulis commited to Iowa today.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:58 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Let me throw out a new name that should be on the Ramblers' radar: Jeremiah Williams, a 6'4" guard from my alma mater St. Laurence which has started the year 11-1 and is ranked in the Chicago area top 20.

Williams is a stat stuffer averaging over 19 ppg and over 10 rpg. Also good numbers in assists, steals and blocks.

Williams is a rising star according to Joe Henricksen: https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.co ... ung-stars/
He doesn't have any offers yet but that should change soon if he continues to play at the same high level. I think we should become his first suitor.

I've watched him on video and he looks very athletic with a lanky frame that should fill out nicely and maybe add an inch or two in height.

I plan to see him in person the day after Christmas at the Jack Tosh Tourney at York High School. Marquise Kennedy and Tom Welch also play at York on the 26th so I'll get a chance to see them play too.

I'll post a scouting report afterwards.

Interesting update on Swella's favorite potential target. Much bigger stage at Simeon. Currently has offers from a variety of mid-majors including SIU, UNI, and Valpo per verbal commits

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:36 pm 

Damn! A few months ago I had realistic hopes that Laurence might win State this coming season.. Then Boopie Miller, a coveted sophomore point guard who transferred to Laurence from Morgan Park last midseason with offers already from DePaul and UIC decided to go to a prep school basketball factory in Florida, and now Williams is transferring to Simeon. Oh well...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:11 am 

Jacob Hutson, a 6'10" center from Minn. who we offered, scheduled an official visit to Loyola Sept. 6. He also has OVs with Bradley and Northern Iowa.

https://hoopseen.com/news/player/201908 ... cob-hutson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:16 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Jacob Hutson, a 6'10" center from Minn. who we offered, scheduled an official visit to Loyola Sept. 6. He also has OVs with Bradley and Northern Iowa.

https://hoopseen.com/news/player/201908 ... cob-hutson

From the article swella posted above. Emphasis mine.

"The big man in the middle for the top performing 17U team in the tournament was key in his team’s 7-0 run in Atlanta. Hutson used his 6-foot-10 frame to hold off other rebounders. His hands are soft and strong when the ball comes off the rim. On the offensive end of the floor, he showed that he can step out and knock down three-pointers with ease. He also converted free throws. When the offense came inside, Hutson scored with ease. He also proved himself as a quality passer to his terrific shooting teammates on the wing. He came into the Best of the South with a half dozen offers. It will be interesting to check back in with him in a week to see how many new schools jumped into the picture."

A 6'10 big who can shoot 3's and also is a quality passer next to Krut or Frank? Sign me up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:36 am 

With new recruits starting to make visits, does anyone know if the Alfie is done and teams are practicing inside? Is it officially "open" now? Loyola has been pretty good lately about showcasing facilities and facility upgrades on social media, but I haven't seen any videos with a tour of the new facility or anything yet?

I would have to think it's going to give us a bit of a recruiting boost.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:49 am 

I believe the opening festivities for Alfie are this weekend. I was on campus last weekend for a visit and it looked all finished up, the lights were on and people were inside.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:58 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
With new recruits starting to make visits, does anyone know if the Alfie is done and teams are practicing inside? Is it officially "open" now? Loyola has been pretty good lately about showcasing facilities and facility upgrades on social media, but I haven't seen any videos with a tour of the new facility or anything yet?

I would have to think it's going to give us a bit of a recruiting boost.

The ribbon cutting in on Sunday (8/25) and is including tours of the facility, so I would assume it's essentially ready to go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:20 am 

To me, Jacob Hutson looks like Derrik Smits' twin brother.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:09 pm 

Hutson would have one year under Krut and two under Frank. Would then be the heir apparent at center... I'm always a bit weary of centers stepping out and hitting the three. More often than not when the competition and pressure increases those big men don't take shots from deep. Rajala and Granic come to mind for LU...but i feel like i've heard it from a lot of valley recruits as well. That's just me though, he looks like a really talented kid in the paint.

Personally with one currently available scholarship I'd be pulling for Keshawn Williams or Jakobe Coles.... Really not sure how realistic Coles is though. I just feel like the following class you can grab two bigs (one JUCO and one freshman) following Krut's departure.

One other offer that I personally hope we're still in on Luke Kasubke. He played for the MOKAN AAU (ben, clay, and cooper's old home) and won the peach jam. At 6'5" he's a bigger guard and a lethal shooter, we were on him early. He attends Chaminade (missouri powerhouse, former home of bradley beal and jayson tatum) too so he has that winner gene. Looks like Kansas State's pretty locked in on him. Weber and Moser must have similar taste.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next