It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:41 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
bmh_twosix wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
We will get another crack a good Furman team, too.

That was more than just a home and home?

We bought them the first time. Brutality. H/H started this year.

Maybe we can buy our way out of it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:20 pm 

Wouldn't be immediately eligible, but a transfer to keep an eye on is Zion Young out of Western Illinois.

Simeon product. Averaged 13+ a game, 41% from 3, 85% from the line (!!!). Coaching staff all follows him. If we are to sign anyone in the event someone leaves, would be best to have them redshirt. Young would be ideal and add a third (Cooper/Norris) fourth year junior to the junior heavy 21-22 roster.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:55 am 

Per Twitter, we are in contact with two transfers:

-Ferron Flavors, from Cal Baptist 6'3 guard, 13.5 PPG and a very nice 44% from 3. He is a grad transfer so would be immediately eligible with one year to play. Very interesting target given our apparent backlog at guards (Clemons, Quise, Norris, Wojcik, Pipkins, Kaifes...). He has also heard from some high major schools (Oklahoma State, USC, DePaul, Arkansas, among others)

-Trey McGowens, rising junior from Pitt, 6'4 guard, 11.5 PPG, shot a meh 32.7% from 3. Would have to sit next year. Is hearing from A LOT of high major schools so I doubt this one goes anywhere (and am not super intrigued by him).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:02 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Per Twitter, we are in contact with two transfers:

-Ferron Flavors, from Cal Baptist 6'3 guard, 13.5 PPG and a very nice 44% from 3. He is a grad transfer so would be immediately eligible with one year to play. Very interesting target given our apparent backlog at guards (Clemons, Quise, Norris, Wojcik, Pipkins, Kaifes...). He has also heard from some high major schools (Oklahoma State, USC, DePaul, Arkansas, among others)

-Trey McGowens, rising junior from Pitt, 6'4 guard, 11.5 PPG, shot a meh 32.7% from 3. Would have to sit next year. Is hearing from A LOT of high major schools so I doubt this one goes anywhere (and am not super intrigued by him).

Flavors started his career at Fairfield, maybe it's easier for him to transfer to a Jesuit school? Honestly I doubt we land either of them, although it's never bad to make sure our name is relevant and being bandied around with big time schools.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 am 

Not sure if someone posted this already, but here's a Jacob Hutson highlight tape. Big body. Going up against a lot of smaller players, but he seems to move pretty well and he's got nice form on his shot.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:06 pm 

thanks for the video....kid could be good.lot of upsides
So .we have been supremely fortunate to have Cam Krutwig...I saw him in High School and he was already a good passer with good vision....but his post moves have improved a ton....we have had a lot of success with undersized post players...Christian Thomas. Andre Jackson and even Montel James was undersized...It brought up two thoughts.
1. How luck Jacob Hutson will be to have a year to work with Krut.
2. Who works with our post players???? is it Coach Moser?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:40 pm 

In my experience observing practice, yes, I have seen Porter working with the bigs on various aspects of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:51 pm 

I remember Valentine doing a lot of work with the bigs at the open practice for the tournament.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:32 am 

He recently uploaded his full season highlights as well. Honestly he's a bit more mobile than I previously thought:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10528425/Jacob-Hutson

I'm impressed, no one will be able to replace Krutwig's skill set, but he'll add something new with his shooting and added size/length.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:09 am 

His outside shot looks really impressive for a big. Hopefully he can extend it out to the college distance. Have we had a big of his size that can shoot it reliably from three? That’s a huge weapon to have, as we learned the hard way in San Antonio.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next