It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:46 am 

Insert Spencer Haldeman joke.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:09 am 

And Johnson waiting in the shadows after Kennedy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 am 

Agnew committed to UTEP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:23 pm 

440Rambler wrote:
Agnew committed to UTEP

I'm okay missing Agnew... wasn't a great shooter/distributer... and he shot a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:19 pm 

I sort of agree, I do think outside of Kennedy last year we really missed having someone who could create a shot for themsevles. I believe Hebb has that skill but I would'nt have hated adding another. Porter's offense is great and I love watching it, but when everything breaks down I like having a safety valve of someone who can go get a bucket.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:52 pm 

440Rambler wrote:
I sort of agree, I do think outside of Kennedy last year we really missed having someone who could create a shot for themsevles. I believe Hebb has that skill but I would'nt have hated adding another. Porter's offense is great and I love watching it, but when everything breaks down I like having a safety valve of someone who can go get a bucket.

Agreed. I just like someone like Ball State's Ismael El-Amin in that role... We've been involved with his recruitment. Similar mold, but a better shooter and played against tougher competition! He also killed us this year... went off for 24 points.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:10 pm 

Blers wrote:
440Rambler wrote:

Agreed. I just like someone like Ball State's Ismael El-Amin in that role... We've been involved with his recruitment. Similar mold, but a better shooter and played against tougher competition! He also killed us this year... went off for 24 points.

Son of former UCONN star and Bulls draft pick Khalid El-Amin. Also tells me Porter is definitely at least looking for an immediate grad transfer impact guy instead of his normal transfer MO, as I was wondering in an earlier post if he would do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:42 pm 

01grad wrote:
Blers wrote:
440Rambler wrote:

Son of former UCONN star and Bulls draft pick Khalid El-Amin. Also tells me Porter is definitely at least looking for an immediate grad transfer impact guy instead of his normal transfer MO, as I was wondering in an earlier post if he would do.

I think the speculation is moot cause I'm not sure we're winning that recruiting battle anyways. However, is he that much of an upgrade running our offense over Clemons and Norris? Especially if you can't physically coach him until September?

Our depth chart probably looks something like this:
PG Clemons / Norris
W Kennedy / Hebb / Wojcik
W Williamson / Kaifes
W Hall / Uguak / Welch
C Krutwig / Big Frank / Hutson (RS)

As mentioned before, we're a little light at the wing positions (guard/forward interchangable) going into 2021-22. But where exactly are we going to squeeze minutes from? And this is taking into consideration the board consensus, but by no means Porter Moser consensus, of relegating Uguak to the bench. Even a grad transfer wing makes no sense because of both the lack of minutes and the need to even out of our scholarship chart, which will be an especially big deal if Porter leaves in a year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 am 

I think PM is still looking for a Marquis Townes.....what we would traditionally call an off guard.....we have a lot of guys that kinda fit the profile but not completely....His combo of quickness, strength, ability to finish,hit the 3 and the pull up.......tough to check all the boxes....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:39 am 

I remember seeing his father play. Boy, am I getting old.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next