It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tate Hall ???
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:08 pm 

So is this guy eligible or not.....College Sports Madness says he may be the guy to fill Donte Ingrams spot this year???? Does anyone know what the situation is? Also had us at 52 with a return trip to the NCAA

Post subject: Re: Tate Hall ???
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 pm 

The College Sports Madness thing was just ignorance on their part thinking he was a JC transfer. I take their rankings with a grain of salt. The eligibility determination seems to be a new thing a lot of schools are trying with the NCAA now with transfers thinking they may have loosened their standards. At least that’s What I’ve read.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:05 am 

I would assume if Loyola filed some type of appeal or request for waiver on him, they should know soon, if they don't know already. The situation sounds interesting. I wish we had a little bit more info on it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:51 am 

I doubt there's much chance we get a waiver. He's originally from Greenfield which isn't to far from Indy (some athletes get waivers for moving closer to home depending in certain situations). I don't think the flood gates opened (yet) like some coaches hoped; I know Indiana State's appeal was just declined. Hall definitely has a skill set similar to Ingrams though; he can score at all 3 levels, rebound and pass. Biggest thing for him will be adjusting to game speed at the D1 level, but he was putting up outstanding numbers as a sophomore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:06 am 

It would, or would have, been nice to have him this year, but since we probably won't, it doesnt' seem that bad sine he's going to get a solid year of practice in with our team, and hopefully he'll be even more valuable to us next year when we lose Custer and Townes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:29 pm 

At the luncheon yesterday, Moser mentioned the number of transfers who had sat out a year and make a huge impact on the program - starting with Milton Doyle, the next year Clayton Custer, followed by Marques Townes. Last year Aher Uguak sat out and hopefully will have a positive impact on the team this year. So if Tate has to sit out a year, he should be ready to blend into the team for next season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:13 pm 

One of the reasons that Gonzaga has been successful getting top tier transfer players is that they provide a detailed analysis of the transfer's strengths and weaknesses and create a strength and development program for the transfer. Gonzaga sells it and has a pretty good list of players who have had success. It is a great marketing tool.

With Coach Porter's attention to detail, I could see how Loyola could implement the same strategy.