It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 pm 

What I'm taking away from this game is we can play with anyone. We just need to not start bad which seems to becoming a trend with this team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 pm 

Their talent got them ahead early and then we both went back and forth.

Marques and Kaifes had good nights.

Custer and Krutwig both had their moments but overall not good nights.

I thought Frank gave some good minutes off the bench.

That’s about it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:10 pm 

I tell you what, it’s never good to lose but these kids impressed the hell out of me in the second half. A young team could’ve easily folded being down like that at halftime, but they went blow for blow against a top 5 team (legit top 5) and were inches from getting it to single digits. No shame in those last 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:14 pm 

That was a good very experienced team beating up on a young team.
Letting them practice in our gym for the past 3 days probably also took away any home court advantage we had.
Our team is definitely getting better. While everyone wanted a tougher schedule, this was not the year for it if you wanted an impressive w/l record.
The other thing that I think people have overlooked, is Krutwig’s weight loss. I think it’s great, but this year he seems to be struggling adjusting in game to his increased quickness and smaller size. He is definitely adjusting, and getting better each game.
Kaifes, Budjuso, and Agunanne look way more comfortable. Finally saw some flashes of brilliance from Uguak.
Still wish Negron was playing more.
Hopefully we’ll win the next few and give Maryland a game!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:17 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
What I'm taking away from this game is we can play with anyone. We just need to not start bad which seems to becoming a trend with this team.

Coincidence that the slow starts happen with Uguak in? I think not.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:21 pm 

Aher only played 11 minutes. 7 in the first half, and 4 in the second half. I think the change was probably needed (and Cooper played well in his place) but it's unquestionably bad thing for us if a guy we were counting on that much can only get 11 minutes in a big game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:23 pm 

All I'm saying is, maybe we should shake up the starting lineup. Go small and maybe give Negron more time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:25 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
All I'm saying is, maybe we should shake up the starting lineup. Go small and maybe give Negron more time

I agree with you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:25 pm 

It felt a lot worse than the 79-65 final. A lot of the same problems from the Boston College and Furman games followed us into the first half of this one. I can't remember what the worst deficit was, but I remember 29-9 being especially alarming.

And yet, had Clayton Custer's open three-pointer with 2:13 left to play gone in, it would have been 71-63.

You could tell Musselman really wanted this game badly. I think he wanted to erase the memory of losing last year.

I expected us to lose this game at the beginning of the year, but I expected the loss to make us 6-1. In fairness, Furman is very good. Boston College didn't take a step as far back as people thought they would. But man....

I guess it was good that we ran up against a buzzsaw and witnessed the kind of play it takes to be an elite team, and saw how far we have to go to get back to tournament level.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 pm 

I think 20 was their largest lead. The slow starts are killing us. Puts a lot of strain on the offense and makes it hard to play free.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next