It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:55 am 

Robbie Aces wrote:
Looks like an amazing cast of new players... but I'm very skeptical of who is going to score!?!? We have a ton of scoring and experience graduating.

Krut and Williamson will likely lead the team in scoring--both should be in double digits. I can see Kaifes putting up 8 to 9 PPG. Uguak should take another step.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:29 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Robbie Aces wrote:
Looks like an amazing cast of new players... but I'm very skeptical of who is going to score!?!? We have a ton of scoring and experience graduating.

Krut and Williamson will likely lead the team in scoring--both should be in double digits. I can see Kaifes putting up 8 to 9 PPG. Uguak should take another step.

I think Kennedy will hover around 10 ppg next year as well. Tate Hall may surprise as well, but it's hard to count on a guy who transferred in from D2. We won't know til we see him play in a game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:40 pm 

Honestly i'd argue our two most impressive seasons were the ones where we didn't have one true go to guy. CBI year where Milt was injured during conference play and scoring had to be spread out throughout the team (Thomas, Peterson, James, Turk, Ingram, Richardson, could all contribute on any night). Last year we didn't have a "go to guy" coming into the season, so everyone had to step up there play, and they all rose to the challenge (Ingram, Custer, Richardson, Jackson, Krutwig, Townes, Williamson). Right now teams have the ability to zero in on Townes, Custer, or Krut because they KNOW those are the guys.

Based on the (albeit small) sample size from Williamson this year I definitely think he can step up and chip in 10-12 points a game. We'll have way more floor spacers next year with Hall, Wojcik, Kaifes, Williamson, and Skokna (when he's confident his shot is rock solid). Welch may also prove to be decent from distance and Kennedy, while not a shooter, has also had some decent showings from beyond the arc. I doubt shooting will be a problem, what we will need is a confident slasher/someone who can create their own shot. Kennedy certainly can slash but he'll be a freshman adjusting to a whole new speed.
My guess is whoever fills out the last roster spot on this team is a quick twitch guard. The team will still be relatively young; with half the roster being freshman/sophomores and only one true senior. But at least we'll have a full team; it's easy to forget we only have 10 bodies (9 healthy) right now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:42 am 

Great write up on Tom Welch and his teams first round playoff victory. He had 31 and 14.

https://basketball.dailyherald.com/spor ... st-chicago

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:27 pm 

Rankings aren’t everything but they can be fun.

Prep hoops released their end of season top 500 and all 3 recruits made the top 350:

344. Wojcik
206. Welch
160. Kennedy

http://prephoops.com/2019-national-rankings/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:36 pm 

Blers wrote:

Prep hoops released their end of season top 500 and all 3 recruits made the top 350:

344. Wojcik
206. Welch
160. Kennedy

Did you notice any direct or regional competitors that had interesting recruiting classes?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:42 pm 

JCT wrote:
Blers wrote:

344. Wojcik
206. Welch
160. Kennedy

Did you notice any direct or regional competitors that had interesting recruiting classes?

Drake has a couple of local kids in Nate Ferguson and Joseph Yesuf, both in the 200’s. UNI had a few on the list... MSU has I think 3 in the 300’s? Indiana state has 1.... Chris Payton an SIU commit was ranked 137; but he recently quit his high school team (as if the SIU situation wasn’t already precarious). Other than that I’m pretty sure Kennedy was the highest valley commit.

Outside the conference DePaul has a rock solid class.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:55 am 

Blers wrote:

Outside the conference DePaul has a rock solid class.

Depaul does have a good 2019 class.

Leitao's recruiting philosophy seems to be offer any available warm body. I looked at their Verbal Commits page and they have offered 47 players for the Class of 2020. We've made only three 2020 offers to date.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:14 am 

Blessed to announce that I've received an offer from DePaul University!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:38 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
Blessed to announce that I've received an offer from DePaul University!

I'm assuming it's a PWO offer. Even Leitao wouldn't waste a scholarship on an undersized, overaged tweener...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next