It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:21 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:43 am 

Will he win Illinois POY?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:20 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:

Probably not, while Brother Rice has been pretty good they're not one of the top teams in state. My guess is EJ Lidell from Belleville West repeats, a dark horse would be Dajuan Gordon from Curie, Curie is one of the top 15 or so teams in the country and he just put up 28 in the city league final. We recruited Gordon for some time before he ended up committing to Kansas State; tough, tough player.

I definitely think first team all state is realistic for Kennedy however. If memory serves Krutwig and Williamson both made first team in their senior seasons...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:25 am 

Blers wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:

Probably not, while Brother Rice has been pretty good they're not one of the top teams in state. My guess is EJ Lidell from Belleville West repeats, a dark horse would be Dajuan Gordon from Curie, Curie is one of the top 15 or so teams in the country and he just put up 28 in the city league final. We recruited Gordon for some time before he ended up committing to Kansas State; tough, tough player.

I definitely think first team all state is realistic for Kennedy however. If memory serves Krutwig and Williamson both made first team in their senior seasons...

Probably right. The Chicago Catholic League just announced their awards. Marquise made conference 1st team. But Perry Cowan won conference POY. He plays for DePaul College Prep which just so happens to be CCL champs this year. He is committed to Brown despite offers from UofI, DePaul and Loyola.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:56 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Probably right. The Chicago Catholic League just announced their awards. Marquise made conference 1st team. But Perry Cowan won conference POY. He plays for DePaul College Prep which just so happens to be CCL champs this year. He is committed to Brown despite offers from UofI, DePaul and Loyola.

Yep, for what it's worth the sun times high school reporters were both baffled by the decision (4-3 in favor of Cowan) and talked about it on their podcast. The only possible reason they could come up with is some Catholic coaches don't like transfers in high school hoops and Kennedy transferred into brother rice from Crete Monee after his sophomore year while Cowan was at DePaul Prep for 4 years. Cowan is a good player no doubt, but Kennedy had a much better year (and also won the head to head matchup).

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.co ... pisode-94/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:24 pm 

Random question coming. In this video of the last few minutes of the game (https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqKVOaavXpGB) around the 3 minute mark I think Michael O'Brien mentions that Marquise picked up a technical at the end of the 3rd quarter. So does anyone know if this is something that happens with any regularity or was it just a one-time thing that happened in a heated away game?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:17 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
Random question coming. In this video of the last few minutes of the game (https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqKVOaavXpGB) around the 3 minute mark I think Michael O'Brien mentions that Marquise picked up a technical at the end of the 3rd quarter. So does anyone know if this is something that happens with any regularity or was it just a one-time thing that happened in a heated away game?

Nah, haven't seen anything like that. From everything I've seen is he's pretty cool under pressure and has a level head, makes his team better, approaches things the right way, etc. Him and Welch both seem pretty blue collar, and just put up numbers quietly... Wojcik is the same but he plays with a bit more raw intensity and swagger; all positive, but will yell as his teammates makes plays, or he gets a nice steal/three. I've said it before but I really think he's going to bring that Ben Richardson presence, players like that can bring energy to a team and make everyone better/more engaged.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:37 am 

Thanks Blers! I didn't think it was an issue, but honestly haven't seen him outside of highlights so I wanted to make sure. I couldn't find any replay of the technical so it could've been for something minor too. I'm really excited to see these guys next year! I think they are just at a new level of talent, intensity, and athleticism for incoming freshmen that we haven't seen in a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:32 am 

Looks like an amazing cast of new players... but I'm very skeptical of who is going to score!?!? We have a ton of scoring and experience graduating.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:55 am 

Robbie Aces wrote:
Looks like an amazing cast of new players... but I'm very skeptical of who is going to score!?!? We have a ton of scoring and experience graduating.

Not that I want to rely on freshmen to put up big numbers, but the great thing about Kennedy and Welch, from what all the local observers say, is that they both have a knack for scoring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next