It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:43 am 

swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
Blessed to announce that I've received an offer from DePaul University!

I'm assuming it's a PWO offer. Even Leitao wouldn't waste a scholarship on an undersized, overaged tweener...

Forgot to mention I'm 6'4 in basketball shoes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:47 am 

Two funny posts in a row!

A first for you, ahunte.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:14 pm 

Marquise Kennedy with a buzzer beater 3 pointer to send brother rice to the regional championship game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:26 pm 

Blers42 wrote:
Marquise Kennedy with a buzzer beater 3 pointer to send brother rice to the regional championship game.

He scored 32 in that game!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 pm 

Jbuchholz wrote:
Blers42 wrote:

He scored 32 in that game!

Very pumped about this kid, we’re going to need some more scorers with Townes and Custer leaving. I’m also loving how clutch he is, seems like a guy that should be able to contribute immediately next year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 pm 

Don't wear your headphones while listening

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am 

ahunte1 wrote:

This kid is unreal. He is a high major level recruit and will have an immediate impact.

Only thing I am a tad nervous about--should Mullins take over the gig at SIU, will he try to take any of the three recruits with him?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

This kid is unreal. He is a high major level recruit and will have an immediate impact.

Only thing I am a tad nervous about--should Mullins take over the gig at SIU, will he try to take the Illinois Wolves (Welch and Kennedy) with him....?

That’s extremely unprofessional and would make Mullins look pathetic. They already committed I doubt they’d back out to follow Mullins. Wouldn’t they also forfeit their scholarship? Which would mean unless Loyola gave them permission they would have to pay out of pocket at SIU? Correct me if I’m wrong I remember reading that somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:19 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Only thing I am a tad nervous about--should Mullins take over the gig at SIU, will he try to take any of the three recruits with him?

I keep seeing this but i'm really not worried.

1. Kids commit to a school and head coach, not an assistant coach. Assistant coaches help sell (and in fairness shape) the vision of what the head coach/program is trying to do. They open the doorbut most recruits know assistants all across the country move, and these 3 all seem like smart kids with good heads on their shoulders. Furthermore given their connection to Mullins father, i'm sure they knew he could be on the move. Furthermore, they all committed early despite having really good chances to further raise their stock.

2. Both Welch and Kennedy noted how they wanted to stay close to home and be part of the culture at LU. SIU is not close to home. Also the state of the programs are not at all similar going into next year.

3. There is no worse way to start your coaching career than by poaching your former mentors (and the only coach you worked under) roster; even attempting so would be such a bad character move, and burn so many bridges. Highly doubt the thought would even cross his mind.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:20 am 

Blers wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:

I keep seeing this but i'm really not worried.

1. Kids commit to a school and head coach, not an assistant coach. Assistant coaches help sell (and in fairness shape) the vision of what the head coach/program is trying to do. They open the doorbut most recruits know assistants all across the country move, and these 3 all seem like smart kids with good heads on their shoulders. Furthermore given their connection to Mullins father, i'm sure they knew he could be on the move. Furthermore, they all committed early despite having really good chances to further raise their stock.

2. Both Welch and Kennedy noted how they wanted to stay close to home and be part of the culture at LU. SIU is not close to home. Also the state of the programs are not at all similar going into next year.

3. There is no worse way to start your coaching career than by poaching your former mentors (and the only coach you worked under) roster; even attempting so would be such a bad character move, and burn so many bridges. Highly doubt the thought would even cross his mind.

This helped ease my general pessimism. Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next