It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:48 pm 

Next year will be fun, but we've also had one of the best point guards in school history with the team the last 3 years which will be a major adjustment. For most of porters tenor he's had a big P5 transfer (in either Doyle or Custer) to run the show. However, we're now able to compete with P5 schools to get kids out of high school (Welch and Kennedy had high major offers, Wojcik had plenty of interest). I wouldn't be shocked if we get a JUCO point who can score if we don't land someone out of high school (like Bryan Greenlee). Isaiah is a great defender and has always been a true pass-first point guard, when he's aggressive i actually think he's pretty good around the hoop but he'll still only be a sophomore. I suppose a transfer would also make sense... we've picked one up each of the last 4 years.

The pipe dream transfer would be Evan Gilyard. We recruited him hard out of Simeon, the same time we recruited Krut (I remember the sun times said we were in good spots with both of them throughout recruitment). Gilyard chose UTEP where he's playing 35 minutes and putting up 18, 4, and 2. Despite playing time UTEP is pretty awful and they had a coaching change last year when Tim Floyd resigned. I have literally no idea if transferring is even on his radar, he might love UTEP; but it would be fun. Regardless it's nice to have a team with a pretty steady future in regards to players. ISU and SIU lose A LOT following this year. Meanwhile we've been able to stack 3 really good recruiting classes together.

Also if anyone's interested; you can see stream La Lumiere's victory against #4 Montverde to see Wojcik play. He makes a couple of big three's early in the game before La Lu pulled away. While he may have the least buzz of the recruits we have, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a lot of minutes early next year. He fits perfectly in the Richardson/Williamson line. High energy, high IQ, shot maker, tough defender.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=772 ... c7eae3835e

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:26 pm 

Next year will be interesting. More interesting is that no one from that team would graduate that year. We have lot's of good basketball to look forward to!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:48 pm 

jmiller2794 wrote:
Next year will be interesting. More interesting is that no one from that team would graduate that year. We have lot's of good basketball to look forward to!

Bruno will be a senior next year, but I agree with the sentiment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:56 pm 

37 point game for Kennedy last night....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:43 pm 

33 from Welch a few nights ago... Hit game tying free throws with 4 seconds left and hit the game winner in OT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY_Vq4Y_CpM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:27 pm 

It is crazy to think that we are going to have three guys coming in that average a combined 65+ points of offense per game in high school. You add in Tate Hall, who shot 46.6 percent from three at Indianapolis, and we are looking at a lot of new offensive threats for next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:06 pm 

Am I crazy to think Marquise Kennedy could be a day one starter? He is dominating tough competition and I've seen one ranking that now has him as the top player in the state with legit "pro potential."

Something like:
Kennedy, Fr.
Kaifes, So.
Williamson, Jr.
Uguak, Jr.
Krutwig, Jr.

Bench order (assuming no transfers (unlikely)):
Hall, Jr.
Big Frank, So.
Bujdoso, So.
Negron, Jr.
Skona, Sr.
Welch, Fr.
Wojcik, Fr.

The cupboard is full!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:28 pm 

How good is Kennedys defense? That will determine his playing time. Always defense first with PM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:22 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Am I crazy to think Marquise Kennedy could be a day one starter? He is dominating tough competition and I've seen one ranking that now has him as the top player in the state with legit "pro potential."

Which ranking has him top in the state?? That's awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 am 

I'm guessing goramblers2011 is referring to this ranking, which actually is just for the Chicago area and not all of Illinois:
https://chihighsportsscoops.wordpress.c ... id-season/

Plus I don't know how much credence I would put in the source, which seems to be a makeshift blog with a total of only 129 followers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next