It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:41 pm 

Caught the whole 2nd half on that live Twitter feed. Kennedy was spectacular. Three late 3's in regulation to send it to overtime and then even won the jump ball to start ot. Simeon wins at the buzzer. What a game!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:45 pm 

It was also on the Brother Rice YouTube channel so it should be archived there as well if anybody wants to watch it back. I'd recommend Q4 and the OT.

Br Rice couldn't get a rebound!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:57 pm 

GAME RECAP/ KENNEDY SCOUTING REPORT

Wow! What a game!! I've seen plenty of basketball over the decades but I can honestly say this was the greatest game I've ever seen, at any level!
It had everything: multiple lead changes, high flying dunks, threes raining from the heavens, and a buzzer beater almost as dramatic than Donte's dagger against Miami!

And the matchup between Kennedy and Reeves didn't disappoint. It was a heavyweight boxing title bout where each player gave and took their best shot and left absolutely nothing in the tank!

Plenty of incredible sidebar stories too: the cheerleader wardrobe malfunction at halftime (photos available); the clandestine meeting in the bathroom between Bryan Mullins and SIU's Athletic Director (transcripts available in PDF); and Tom Welch sitting in the stands in a full body cast.

Now for the details. Let's start with Marquise Kennedy's performance. Here are his statist...

This content requires a SWELLA PASS subscription. Wardrobe Malfunction image access in high resolution requires the premium GOLD SWELLA PASS. To continue, please purchase a subscription or log in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 pm 

Confession: I actually wrote the above before the game, trying for over-the-top hyperbole as a rhetorical device. Little did I expect that the actual game would almost match the hyperbole.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:11 pm 

Crazy game. Brother Rice may not have won but Kennedy definitely has the winning/clutch gene. So many huge plays scoring, passing, rebounding, defensively...

Interesting to hear we’re looking at Reeves; he recently visited Illinois; and I’m never going to turn down a public league kid, especially in the event we have any unexpected transfer and are able to get him AND an experienced PG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:36 am 

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.co ... torylines/

Great report from the brother rice Simeon game. Some fantastic notes on Kennedy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 pm 

Paxson Wojcik’s first two games in the Geico High School National Championship Tournament:
7 points/7 rebounds/2 assists/2 steals
8 points/3 rebounds/3 assists
Most importantly - 2 WINS. They play tomorrow on ESPN at 1230 for an y defeated season and a high school national championship.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:38 am 

I watched the first game. He was a very good defender and guarded a variety of players. In my opinion, he was not one of the better offensive players in the game and had a weird looking shot. I was impressed to see in crunch time and in both overtimes he did a majority of the ball handling after not doing as much in the earlier parts of the game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:34 am 

Nice to hear Paxson is a good defender.

In his videos I also noticed he has an odd-looking jump shot. Low release point and a little forward of vertical. Kind of a shot put action. Also doesn't really seem able to create own shot off the dribble. I'm thinking pull up jumpers. He does get to the rim on occasion. Has a nice floater too.

Would be interesting to see how his high school team fared playing the Ramblers. LaLu's center is a top 10 recruit and they have a forward who is top 50 or thereabouts. Six or more D1 recruits total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:55 pm 

He does have a goofy jump shot, it’s not exactly similar but reminds me a bit of Donte’s unorthodox low release (I feel like it changed a lot by his senior year).

Wojcik is the glue on that team. After being one of their leading scorers last year, he embraced doing all the little things this year with the addition of Kentucky recruit Keion Brookes to pair with Isaiah Stewart (number 4 overall prospect). The thing I like is he makes smart plays and doesn’t try to do too much, smart passes and no dumb fouls or turnovers. Knows his role and plays it well. Some of the players on the team play hero ball which can be frustrating to watch.

He took a lot more of the offensive load on AAU and last year when La Lu didn’t have as many dominate offensive players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next