It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:30 am 

Perhaps he will bust out of the relative slump during the more minutes hell see due to the injury. I would strongly disagree with the any argument that he provides positives on offense. Any good hes doing is strongly undermined by the turnovers and shooting. As for the defense, I dont see him making quite the impact there that others do and I dont think being a superior defender to an 18 year old with 6 college games under his belt is a feather in Bruno's cap. I want to make it clear I'm not rooting against him, I just think we probably would be better served using the minutes to develop Isaiah and Cooper.

The situation sort of reminds me of Joe Crisman where towards the end of his career we just recruited more talented players and it became harder and harder for him to see the court despite him being a great ambassador and good soldier for the program.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 am 

I'm no defensive whiz, but based on the yelling, it certainly seems like every time Porter's put Bruno in this year he does something wrong out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 pm 

According to Loyola Phoenix Editor, Nick Schultz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:11 pm 

Sources tell me that Lucas will probably miss the next two games.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:39 pm 

That would put him in line to play a week from Saturday when Illinois State comes to town. He usually plays great against ISU, and that's going to be a big game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:42 pm 

JC64 wrote:
Sources tell me that Lucas will probably miss the next two games.

Back around Illinois State would make sense, a little over six weeks. Gonna be a massive shot in the arm getting his grit and intensity back.

Obviously the bench will look a lot better too. You add a proven scorer in Cooper who can be a quick spark if need be (who also took some steps as a defender), plus since Williamson's been out Negron has proven he can add some post scoring. The games obviously weren't always pretty but a lot of players grew with him out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:37 am 

According to Nick Schultz

Not sure if this just means the game against Evansville or also Illinois State.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:49 am 

Therewas a twitter post before the Drake game of the team practicing on the Drake court. Lucas was out there, in practice uniforms with everyone else. That seemed like a good sign to me, and I guess floats the possibility that he could be back in the lineup tomorrow.

I would love to see him play, but sitting at 2-0, if he's not ready to go, I hope they rest him. No need to push him right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:35 pm 

I am just reading the tea leaves on Instagram here, but it seems like bad news for Lucas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:10 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
I am just reading the tea leaves on Instagram here, but it seems like bad news for Lucas.

Details?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next