SisterJean’s#1Pupil wrote:
Any word on when Custer returns?

Not sure if intentional...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:21 am 

SisterJean’s#1Pupil wrote:
Any word on when Custer returns?

We could use him! Come back, Clay!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 am 

Per Twitter, on yesterday's MVC teleconference, Porter said that Lucas' hand was to be further evaluated by the hand doctor last night. We are at the 3 week mark. Hopefully he got good news last night and we see him get some minutes on Wednesday and then back in the starting lineup on Sunday. Lord knows we need him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:18 am 

Hoping he got some good news!

This is not a novel thought, but on the train this morning, I was thinking about our lineups, and it hit me again how much stronger Lucas will make our rotations. You're basically swapping him in for Bruno, and possibly giving Townes and Custer small breathers, too.

Our four guard and three guard lineups are both a lot better because of his rebounding (and shooting, if he can find the stroke).

Custer, Townes, Kaifes, Lucas, Krutwig/Frank
Custer, Townes, Lucas, Uguak, Krutwig/Frank

Like everybody else here, I'd love to see Custer, Townes, Lucas, Negron, Krutwig together.

By the way, it would be a strange coincidence if Lucas came back tomorrow vs. Evansville. His first game after the initial injury was at Evansville. We were terrible that game, in case anybody forgot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
Hoping he got some good news!

This is not a novel thought, but on the train this morning, I was thinking about our lineups, and it hit me again how much stronger Lucas will make our rotations. You're basically swapping him in for Bruno, and possibly giving Townes and Custer small breathers, too.

Our four guard and three guard lineups are both a lot better because of his rebounding (and shooting, if he can find the stroke).

Custer, Townes, Kaifes, Lucas, Krutwig/Frank
Custer, Townes, Lucas, Uguak, Krutwig/Frank

Like everybody else here, I'd love to see Custer, Townes, Lucas, Negron, Krutwig together.

By the way, it would be a strange coincidence if Lucas came back tomorrow vs. Evansville. His first game after the initial injury was at Evansville. We were terrible that game, in case anybody forgot.

I love that four guard lineup. It is the most similar to last year when we had four guys on the court who can hit 3's (assuming Custer finds his stroke). Townes and Lucas both have shown the ability to drive which can create some serious spacing problems for opponents with Custer, Kaifes and Lucas/Townes sitting outside for a kickout pass.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:49 pm 

always intriguing to me....the first time I saw the four out/one in offense I was truly confused....but with 3 point ability and the emphasis on taking hand checking away it makes sense if you have four guys that can shoot the ball and take the ball to the hoop with bonus if they can hit the pull up jumper. I think we are now starting to see the defensive answer.....which is to leave the post player with out a double team and continue to guard the perimeter players. If you notice LU still doubles in the post most of the time...but they do it really aggressively and are contesting not the post player scoring but the post player finding the open man at the perimeter or cutting. I think Krutwig is so skilled with the ball that they have stopped aggressively doubling him from passing but focused on stopping the other players from receiving passes from him.

Last year we were lucky to have Jackson who could hit an outside jumper and take the ball to the hoop.....allowing us to play a big and a half..
Just curious how those of you who want to see Negron and Krutwig in at the same time think the offense would work....would Negron be one of the four outs or would they change their offensive scheme?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:36 am 

Per Twitter, after Monday's evaluation, Lucas went in for a "further evaluation" last night. Hoping he heard good news.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:12 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:46 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:

Please. Please. Please.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:30 pm 

Looks like Lucas was practicing during the shoot around. Can see him catching the ball off a screen at about he 37 second mark and on the bench in practice gear at the end.

Hopefully that bodes well for his playing chances tonight.