It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:49 pm 

Sloppy ball handling at times, it’s going to take some adjustment with lineups without Williamson in there

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:50 pm 

01grad wrote:
Sloppy ball handling at times, it’s going to take some adjustment with lineups without Williamson in there

True but there wasn't a slow start. I think we've got our starting lineup until Williamson comes back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:51 pm 

Cooper is the man! He's going to be huge for us when we hit conference play. I don't like Williamson being injured and out until January, but if Cooper keeps it up, the extra playing time and experience is probably going to pay off for us in the long run.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:52 pm 

Could be another breakout game by Kaifes. 11 points in the first half, playing decent defense.

Aher needs to attack the basket immediately before a double comes.

Pretty good minutes from Negron.

Another downside of playing so many guards is spreading out the minutes. Bujdoso looked a little winded late in that first half, having put in 13 minutes w/o much of a break. Kaifes has played 18, Custer 18, Townes 19.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
01grad wrote:

True but there wasn't a slow start. I think we've got our starting lineup until Williamson comes back.

Yup. I'll take some bad turnovers if we are going to shoot 59%

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 pm 

Some room for improvement, but overall that was a good half! I was really worried about our defense without Lucas, but the freshmen are playing quite well.

Cooper is a balling! Krutwig seems to have found his rhythm. Custer is doing an excellent job running the offense. Townes can't seem to find his shot, but he's playing good defense. I hope we see a bit more of Negron in the second half. In the limited minutes he's getting, he seems significantly improved from last year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:56 pm 

Negron has a pretty nice move to get a bucket. He’s always shown a pretty good instinct to get points when he gets the ball inside and rebounds well, but many times he just doesn’t quite look in sync on either side of the court. Hopefully that will come as the year goes on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:59 pm 

01grad wrote:
... he just doesn’t quite look in sync on either side of the court. Hopefully that will come as the year goes on.

Yeah, I think that's something that comes with in-game experience.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:01 pm 

Nine point halftime lead is nice, but UIC is a high-scoring team. They're 1 of 12 on threes.... if they start hitting....

Two years ago, we led by 8 at halftime and needed a Donte Ingram three at the buzzer to get us to OT.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:01 pm 

Townes 1-for-6 that half, but Kaifes is showing he deserved the start, it's nice to see them start strong for a change
no three attempts from Custer but one three attempt from Krutwig?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next