It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:33 am 

Ramblerguy wrote:
Two things:
1. More on Negron and offense. I am thinking, and again, not second guessing PM, because he's the boss, but as an observer, and a fan that wants our players to succeed, if Negron can run the floor, pass the ball and but is not an efficient three point shooter, why not work with what he could do? For example, couldn't he contribute to offensive rebounds, and put backs, pick and roll? We historically head back on defense quickly, passing on offensive rebounds, am I right? Put backs could contribute much needed points... Percentages on put backs and layups is much higher than hoping that four guys are all making their open three pointers. I may be old school here. Just thinking out loud. Three shooters, Krutwig and Negron board crashing. Thoughts?

I agree that it’d be fun to see, but as a coach would you really want to change one of your core philosophies to get one player ~10 more minutes per game? And then when he’s out do you go back to not crashing the boards? I don’t disagree with the logic at all, just worth considering.

I also think people are forgetting the teams we’re playing, especially those in the valley... very few of them play with two bigs, basketball keeps moving to a smaller spread style. Anyone who plays the 4 is going to have to be able to defend the perimeter as well as the post.