It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 pm 

SIU is getting absolutely destroyed by Murray state right now. Down by 31 at halftime. At home! They look like a slightly worse version of us. Shot 19% or something, bunch of turnovers, missed 1 amd 1s, and they left some guy open in the corner for 4 or 5 threes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 pm 

How is Murray St not in the MVC again? lol like I don’t even know how that’s possible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 pm 

SIU with a 28 point loss to Murray State. Wow. Just goes to show you that the Ramblers still have a wide open window to come in to conference play and take the league by storm.

I clicked over to the SIU board to see what they thought and - woah - do those guys hate Barry Hinson! Yikes. How do we feel about him? I like his enthusiasm and for some reason I find him mildly amusing. The Valley is so much different than the Horizon League days... there’s just no hatable coaches like Bruce Pearl!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 am 

This seems like it will be a Jeckyl and Hyde kind of season. Every team is so inconsistent, like last night, SIU blown out at home by Murray State, loses by 28... Murray state shoots and makes 7-7 at the line, SIU, 17-26. MS also took 13 more shots than SIU and the percentage was way better.
Seems the key will be to get to the line and MAKE the free throws, play defense, plus get back to a more respectable percentage at the three point line.
The Valley will be crazy inconsistent from game to game, based on what I see in the non- conference inconsistency from our opponents. Good one night, not so good thinnest. LU ,with solid defense and consistent offense should do AOK.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:39 am 

I enjoy Barry, but I can see how his act would wear thin after nearly a decade with no NCAA appearances.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:10 am 

Ten years is a long time to stick around and not get to the tournament, but I still think he's a good coach. Selfishly, I don't want him to get fired because I don't want Mullins to go there. It seems inevitable that Mullins will be gone, but would rather see him go somewhere not in the Valley if/when he goes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:25 pm 

Rough loss for Bradley tonight! Yuck!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:15 am 

The Valley went 0-6 yesterday....two losses to two ranked teams Buffalo and Iowa......but people may be correct, if we can just keep improving and get healthy....the door might be open.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:12 pm 

Now it's Illinois State's turn to get blown out. Down 27 at Central Florida.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:09 am 

Some thoughts and questions heading into the Valley.. How good are Drake and Indiana St......Drake certainly has more good wins and losses and have a more experienced lineup than Indiana St....who played a lot of guys with 11 players averaging 8 minutes or more...although that decresed to 9 in their last game against TCU........Indiana St. has a nice blend of vets,,Barnes , transfers Chris Williams from Iowa and some young guys..
What is the story with Drake???? They have 3 decent wins over Boise St (remember them?) , North Dakota St. and New Mexico St......who was the senior they had last year that drove me crazy?? Was it Timmerman? Any way right off the bat looks like we have two challenges.
Illinois St. has two guys,,,one we had, Matt Chastain and one we wanted, Issac Gassman,,,,,,who are both getting some minutes but not a ton at the back of their rotation......Lots of new players and coaches this year....Should be fun, interesting and nail biting.